What's new

corpsicle

Beginner
Reaction score
So i can use a keyboard to get into the registry editor and set Nesica games to vertical, however it doesnt save between reboots?
Is there a way to make this setting sticky?

You need shutdown.exe from a Windows XP SP2 cd/install on the cd it will be in the i386 folder as SHUTDOWN.EX_ - run expand SHUTDOWN.EX_ C:\SHUTDOWN.EXE and copy the file onto the C: drive.

Once it's loaded and the registry is changed open a command prompt, run "ewfmgr c: commit" and then "shutdown /r". Once the system reboots the registry change should persist.

nice info. Can we get more details on the required registry changes please?

You need shutdown.exe from a Windows XP SP2 cd/install on the cd it will be in the i386 folder as SHUTDOWN.EX_ - run expand SHUTDOWN.EX_ C:\SHUTDOWN.EXE and copy the file onto the C: drive.

Once it's loaded and the registry is changed open a command prompt, run "ewfmgr c: commit" and then "shutdown /r". Once the system reboots the registry change should persist.
Wow thanks a lot. I think i actually have a XP sp2 cd somewhere 😅

I haven't used xp/ewf for some time so my syntax might be off, if it gives you an error it's ewfmgr c: -commit

You do not need to modify the registry to get the vertical games to play vertically.

In each game's respective "TypeXMulti" folder, either create or modify the "config.ini" file.

Add the line
Code:
veritcal=1

If you dont want to do it for each respective game, you can change it global in the "E:\TypeXMulti\config.ini"

You do not need to modify the registry to get the vertical games to play vertically.

In each game's respective "TypeXMulti" folder, either create or modify the "config.ini" file.

Add the line
Code:
veritcal=1

If you dont want to do it for each respective game, you can change it global in the "E:\TypeXMulti\config.ini"
So i added a config.ini file in e:\typexmulti and put "vertical=1" in it but raiden iv still starts up horizontal. What am i doing wrong?

Gigawing Generations and Shikigami No Shiro III are vertical, but i think they are always vertical?

So i added a config.ini file in e:\typexmulti and put "vertical=1" in it but raiden iv still starts up horizontal. What am i doing wrong?
I'm sorry I told you wrong. The "config.ini" folder would go in each games games respective "TypeXmulti" folder.

To make the change globally you need to add the line to "D:\TypeXMulti\settings".

Sorry about that.

Thanks a lot! I got it to work now after figuring out which drive was D: (yes its in the name of the volume lol).

Back