What's new
I'm using the bottom one (after checking with RGB himself) and it's working great with my HAS.

Either cable will work with the HAS, but the coaxial (bottom) is higher-quality cable. That's the one I use. They only restock those on Sunday mornings however. ||

Either cable will work with the HAS, but the coaxial (bottom) is higher-quality cable. That's the one I use. They only restock those on Sunday mornings however. ||
Thanks. But the bottom one is fortaflex and they accept order everyday. But the longer one is 5ft
And I want one larger 8-10 fts and that one is not fortaflex and yes only sundays orders

Oops, you're right - I missed that the bottom one in your pic was also Fortaflex. I'm sure the Fortaflex is fine, but I'm a quality snob so I go through the extra trouble to order their coax stuff. I really, really wish that they'd open the coax up for general order again.

Oops, you're right - I missed that the bottom one in your pic was also Fortaflex. I'm sure the Fortaflex is fine, but I'm a quality snob so I go through the extra trouble to order their coax stuff. I really, really wish that they'd open the coax up for general order again.
I thought fortaflex was better option. Now I want the other normal edition.
I got one pc engine and neogeo 75ohm multicore coax and the cable is hard to move, don’t have flexibity.
The better cable is the MULTICORE COAX???

Its best to use a super duper shielded, short as you can get cable.
With all the noise kicked off by the PSU and some PCBs, a long not well shielded cable will hum and video wavey.

Thanks for the information.
So is not recommendable long cables (example 10fts)?

So, I'm trying to use the HAS with an OSSC to play my CPS3 board. I tried to create my own SCART cable in accordance with the simple diagram that was laid out on the first page. However, I have never done this sort of thing and of course, despite me thinking I've soldered all the right things in the right places, it doesn't work.

Therefore I have two questions.

1. Is there any SCART cable I can buy that will go from the HAS 8 pin mini din to the OSSC SCART port? I have seen people talk about and link cables that are designed to work with actual SCART TVs, but I don't think I've see any using the OSSC and the layouts seem totally different from cable to cable sometimes.

2. I'm willing to keep trying to create my own cable... but I would really appreciate any tips anyone can give or if anyone can direct me to a good resource for learning how to do this stuff properly.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered one of the second cable while I wait for the first to be available again. I'll give it a try when it arrives and report back if it works.

I can now confirm that the cable from retrogamingcables.co.uk that Stupid Dufus recommended worked perfectly. I just got it and was able to test it successfully. Thanks for the recommendation.

Since the brexit it's been a struggle to get stuff from UK and postages + VAT has also step up on price. So I decided to get some minidin 8 heads with my latest Mouser order and today I made one of these cables. Took probably 1,5h and most of the time went to double and triple check the right cables for right spots with multimeter.

So if you are ok to tinker a bit it's pretty straightforward.

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

Since the brexit it's been a struggle to get stuff from UK and postages + VAT has also step up on price. So I decided to get some minidin 8 heads with my latest Mouser order and today I made one of these cables. Took probably 1,5h and most of the time went to double and triple check the right cables for right spots with multimeter.

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg
I'm doing this as we speak, I also just chopped up an old vga cable :)

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg
By chance any extra available for sale?

Back