What's new

kratosnake

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

First off, I'd like to start by thanking all of the awesome Astro City restore threads that I found in this forum, they really helped me out with this, my first cab.

Second is regarding my monitor! I bought this cabinet a few weeks ago and pulled the crosshatch patter from my mvs. The pattern looked Ok, besides the typical convergence issues, so I went ahead and did the usual maintenance on the cab with help of these threads. Once done with that I went to boot a cartridge from my mvs and to my surprise the image looked upside down! Here are some pics:

20230124_122238.jpg
20230123_144936.jpg

I'm not quite sure what to do now, any suggestions? Chassis is an MS8

You can flip the yoke connectors 180deg on the chassi to change the image.
One of them will flip horizontally and the other vertically.

I have a MS9, so dunno what they look like on MS8 though. If they are merged in a single 4pin connector, it might need to be split in two.

Someone with a MS8 can probably help. Its not very hard.

Nope. It's permenantly damaged. Ship it to me in the US and I'll send you back a Z-back; it's made of wood and is eco friendly. I'll dispose of that cursed Astro for you properly. You're welcome.

Apologies, should have been more specific. I'm using MiSTer in the Ghost's and goblins pic, not original hardware. It appears like that because that's how it boots when using the Jotego core, if I pull the MiSTer OSD, the menu appears upside down as well.

I'll look up on nem's sugestión and I'll update in a few days, when I have time to pull the monitor out of the cab. 😪Wish I had fired up an actual game when it was disassembled.

Thank you all for the help!

Back