What's new

itsmedario

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently recapped the PSU, chassis, and IO board on my Blast City and seem to be having an issue with the monitor. I tried running a Mister through VGA and it split the image into three. I swapped that out and tried running a CPS2 game and it worked much better but the image seems off-centered and after a few seconds, the screen goes off. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated. In complete transparency, I’m new to the arcade scene. I’ve modded and collected consoles for over twenty years but this is my first cab.

I’m adding a YouTube link to a video I recorded of the issue.

View: https://youtu.be/SAkTMVuVMWI?si=JIX-OnWjrr1lJrBu

Last edited:
Update, I was able to adjust the image. Unfortunately, I don't have much time between adjustments but I'm confident that can be fixed later. I continue to have issues with the screen going off after a few seconds.

Well, I hope to figure this out eventually. Again, any help would be appreciated. I did create a cool diaper for the chassis since I couldn't find one available anywhere. I'll eventually do a post about my "restoration" process.

IMG_6373.jpg
IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

Thank you! I went in and resolders practically every joint and nada. Could the PSU be an issue?

Alright, I've been getting a lot of help from @GeekMan1222 and am extremely grateful.

I reflowed all the solder joints and double-checked all my work. Looks like a few of the solder pads were coming off and needed to be repaired and it no longer shuts off after 20-30 seconds. This is a HUGE win.

Two new problems have surfaced. First, I seem to have lost certain colors, most likely red. Second, my image has flipped and is now upside down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I was watching the @ShootTheCore video on the MiSTercade Setup and Configuration.

That video is getting long in the tooth these days! :P

Your image will be upside down if the yoke is connected backwards - try flipping your yoke connector.

As for the lack of red, double-check the RGB inputs to the monitor chassis.

That video is getting long in the tooth these days! :P

Your image will be upside down if the yoke is connected backwards - try flipping your yoke connector.

As for the lack of red, double-check the RGB inputs to the monitor chassis.
I still found it extremely useful and appreciate you posting it. There seems to be very little on YouTube when it comes to arcade restoration or repairs.

Thanks! I was able to flip the image.

Where do I find the RGB input?

Back