What's new
I ordered a replacement part on aliexpress, wiaitnf for it, someone will replace it for me.

I have one of these coming to me and just noticed it seems to only support the world versions. Don't really care when it comes to the puzzle games, but Thunder Force AC was changed up in the world version with lower amounts of enemies and different item placement. Is there any way we can see a ROM generator that supports tfreacj?

@Mitsurugi-w Just a heads up that the images in the OP are missing and can't be enlarged. Hard to see how to mount the board as the pin count is lower than the full socket size.

EDIT: One of the headers is in fact full size so I worked it out, but it's not the easily visible header

EDIT2: ...but this doesn't work for the smaller board as neither header is full size

Gotcha. I'll try to update it soon.

Found a 31 page support thread for this multi on archive.org with lots of info and discussion. Not sure why it was deleted but that's a bummer

EDIT: Nevermind, I see why it was deleted

Also, I was wrong again on the smaller board, it also has a full size header row. Absolutely no ambiguity on the install, even without the pics

Completely awesome kit, as usual!

P1070596.JPG

P1070590.JPG
P1070592.JPG

I can't get my PC to recognize my GQ-4x4 'true USB universal programmer', and don't know the chip type anyway. Please can I buy programmed chips from someone? I've currently got the kit with blank chips, but no way to program them :(

Thanks. What is the chip type to select with the programmer? Edit: got it. M27C322.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Got my SEGA C2 Multi working and it's really nice!
I was wondering if anyone started working on a nice oled remote control?

cheers

I got a PM from another forum member about the selector today. The S16B/ST-V(/M72) selector I am building would work according to pics of this multi. I'll just rewrite the game list.

However, as I don't have C2 and multi, I can't get you exact installation instructions (hint: someone, sell me cheap C2 ;) )... The ribbon cable connection will be easy, there is a place for the connector just next to dip switches. +5V and GND should be easy too, there surely is a place for soldering points in that C2 motherboard.

Reset line? Is that available in C2? If it's available, then the board could be auto-reseted instead of power cycling between games. Just like S16B works.

If reset line doesn't exist, then there is need to select game from selector (according to Mitsurugi-w, current game just crashes, no problem) and then do the power cycle.

It’s a m68k processor so you can hold it in reset on pin18 (active low) or anywhere more convenient with continuity. I can look at my board later if you need.

It’s a m68k processor so you can hold it in reset on pin18 (active low) or anywhere more convenient with continuity. I can look at my board later if you need.

Please do, when you find time.
I wonder if that's actually exactly same how the reset is done with S16B (CN5 has a pin ready for using). There is M68k as well.

Please do, when you find time.
I wonder if that's actually exactly same how the reset is done with S16B (CN5 has a pin ready for using). There is M68k as well.
Yep that’s all you ever do for any multi reset line. the main cpu has a reset line and you engage it. It’s not great to solder directly to the cpu leg so ideally there’s just a more convenient spot to connect to. But you’re just activating that cpu reset pin one way or the other.

Thanks for the explanation.

When you find time, please check good point from the C2 PCB for soldering the reset wire and send some pics. Need to make this time a selector + instructions in "blind mode" as I don't have the actual board... Please check also good places for +5V and GND points.

@Mitsurugi-w

The original post pictures in bigger format are not working, there is error message when I try to open them:

The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later.

I don't think the pictures were ever replaced. What do you need pics of?

I'm interested to know as well.

Back