What's new
this is the pinout used by Type 1, Type 1.5 and Type 3:
io_naomi_jvs.gif

Type 2 is an oddball I wouldn't bother with it.

Thanks!
So looking at this and the pinout for the I/O I have (attached)
I have to split the +12v and +5v in from CN6 to go +5v to CN7 and +12v to CN2 to supply power

This leaves me with the Jamma edge, CN7, and CN4 to rewire.

What is CN4 used for?

Looking at the wiring diagram I found for Outrun 2 and this I/O, CN6 on the new I/O and CN7 on what I have are used for the analog inputs (steering/gas/brake)
Is this going to be the same pinout between the two I/Os?

Once that's sorted, it's just a matter of finding the pinout of the jamma edge within this crazy taxi and building an adapter with a fingerboard to go from the Jamma connector to CN3 on the new I/O, right?

I found the outrun manual here-
https://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Manuals_and_Schematics/Outrun 2 Twin Wiring Diagrams.pdf

Attachments

• naomijamma.gif
    naomijamma.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 123
  • OR2.PNG
    OR2.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 76
I dont understand what you're describing because when you say "CN6" there are 3 different connectors you could be referring to.

However you should probably get the IO board in, and confirm that it's working before you worry about re-wiring your cab.

CN4 would be to plug another JVS I/O.

I just fixed 3 Chihiro this week with that red green flashing it is these caps, while in there check other caps and make sure gpu fan is working well, I always change supercap while i'm in there!
chihirocaps.jpg
after
chihironewcaps.jpg

The different revisions of the main board are confusing. That corner you are showing is very different on mine:
IMG_5795.jpg

and for me it's not these caps that fixed the red and green flashing but the ones between the cpu and the power connector.

Okay, ive got a new IO on the way.
While I'm waiting on that, does anyone have a part number for the super cap on the main board?
There was some leaking on both main boards I have around it so I'd like to do some preventative maintenance since I have one working now.
Also whats the best solution to replace the fan if the need ever arises?

my understanding is that you dont need the supercap, that it is just for the clock?

I know that's the case for the leaky bugger on the Xbox board.
Is it the same for the main board?

Okay, ingot the new IO and jankified a power setup for it.
Also plugged in the analog harness as is from crazy taxi to the CN6 plug on the new IO
There is nothing plugged into CN3, I have yet to make an adapter there.
I'm now getting past the IO incompatibility screen.
I get a flash of the game running attract mode, but then it says there's no drive board connected to the main board (attached screenshot)

I'm assuming this is because there's no coin meter/pseudo coin meter or the +5v doesnt yet have the 2 pins jumpered, would that be correct?

Attachments

• 20210122_175916.jpg
    20210122_175916.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 46
I'm assuming this is because there's no coin meter/pseudo coin meter or the +5v doesnt yet have the 2 pins jumpered, would that be correct?
Incorrect.

the Drive board is the force feedback control board. try to go into the test mode and disable that feature if possible.

but you should probably add the output jumper and the coin counter spoof anyway.

Last edited:
Well consider my nuts busted.
It's been running for a while no with no issue.
No digital controls yet, so I can't play, but the game is up and running.
Thanks for your help guys!
When I get the adapter built I'll post the wiring diagram

Attachments

• 751b024cef9c06bba2724ae1ede5daac.0.jpg
    751b024cef9c06bba2724ae1ede5daac.0.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 35
Hi everyone. I have a problem with sega chihiro type 3. It has a CF card installed together with CTHR. DIMM flashing 4.02. The game starts normally. But when I bring the passenger to the seat, CHIHIRO freezes. Even if I didn't get there, but the playing time ended, CHIHIRO also freezes. What could it be? I know that this game is not supported by type 3, I used the corrected BIN from this forum.

Hi everyone. I have a problem with sega chihiro type 3. It has a CF card installed together with CTHR. DIMM flashing 4.02. The game starts normally. But when I bring the passenger to the seat, CHIHIRO freezes. Even if I didn't get there, but the playing time ended, CHIHIRO also freezes. What could it be? I know that this game is not supported by type 3, I used the corrected BIN from this forum.
I don't think its your system but the bin file of CTHR. They're very buggy. It causes my Chihiro Type 1 to freeze sometimes, also the attract mode has graphics and audio glitches.

It is possible to try to use another BIN file, but I do not know where to get it. And is it possible to change type 3 to type 1, but use the CF card and the PIC key that I have? I also noticed that when loading a game, the media board is skipped and its ID is not displayed. But in the system information the ID is shown.

Is the attract mode running ok on your version?
I have it running on type 3, but its the version with the broken attract mode.
Let me know, I can upload it. Its the 512mb version

The media board skip is normal for a hacked version

I took the BIN file here. It says it has already been fixed. But if you can give me the one you have, I would be very grateful. At least I'll try it.

Back