What's new

DJSpruce

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a Naomi with Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in one of my head to head setups and I'm really struggling to get P1 and P2 button 6 working correctly. I tested this in my linked Blast Citys and in my New Versus City and got the same results. I'm using a Sega 838-13683-91 JVS to Jamma adapter, and I have buttons 4 and 5 working just fine through the jamma edge. But according to the Marvel 2 test menu switch 6 is stuck closed, and in the JVS input test (shown in the picture) it shows switches 6-9 all stuck closed, regardless of if they are connected to anything. From what I understand the JVS to Jamma adapter I'm using reads switches 6-9 via CN3. When I wire either switch 6 to the proper pin on CN3 on the adapter, the input is reversed so pressing the button opens the switch and releasing it closes the switch. It acts the same regardless of if I ground the button through CN3 or through the jamma edge, and connecting CN3's ground to the jamma edge ground didn't fix it either. Something is definitely grounded wrong but I cannot figure out what. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
PXL_20240222_045342515.jpg

Look for JP1 on the IO and switch it to the other setting. This toggles CN3 between input and output
Position A is inputs and position B is outputs.

Look for JP1 on the IO and switch it to the other setting. This toggles CN3 between input and output
Position A is inputs and position B is outputs.
All the switches stay stuck closed regardless of where JP1 is. In position A I can press button 6 and make it open, and I get nothing in position B as expected.

I also am having this exact issue with two different Rev A I/O’s on my AWSD. At first I thought it was bad diodes but they test fine with my multimeter.

Back