What's new
How did you connect the stock speakers to work on this? I'm assuming you did, just because you didn't mention it otherwise, but when I replaced the monitor I couldn't figure out how it would work since the stock ones plugged into the proprietary output attached to the back of the old monitor under the bracket. In the end I just plugged in some audio technica speakers and put them behind the control panel, but it's a bit janky of course.

That's not right. The speakers attach to the underside of the monitor, so as long as you use the same enclosure, there is no issue. The wiring is separate.

Well they attach to the underside of the original monitor, yes, but after replacing it (or at least doing so in a similar manner as in this thread), the ports it attached to are gone, no? How can they plug into a standard LG screen?

Specifically thinking of this photo; my setup is basically identical to this when you remove the back cover. The stock wiring on those speakers is very much not long enough to reach any of the ports on a commercial monitor like this, but maybe I'm just missing something very obvious.
pxl_20221112_052754579-jpg.jpg

What ports? The connectors? They're separate from the screen.

As long as you use the same enclosure and fit the new monitor inside it, there is no issue.

The stock wiring on those speakers is very much not long enough to reach any of the ports on a commercial monitor like this, but maybe I'm just missing something very obvious.

The speakers are not connected to the monitor. The speakers are connected to the audio amp which is behind the coin box.

Interesting; I watched several videos of disassemblies of this and must have just missed it, because with the monitor back on the cabinet (albeit speakers unconnected), I just don't see how one would do that.

Do you have to reconnect the speakers before you put the screen itself back on? I took a photo from the back door of my cabinet but I can't even see the speaker connectors from where the audio controller is on the front.
1708783468465.png
1708783509679.png

EDIT: Never mind, I found the problem; the two shorter connectors were originally connected to longer cables that were either yanked apart when I took the monitor off and didn't realise it or were unplugged at some point. I'll just have to re-plug them. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
The speakers are not connected to the monitor. The speakers are connected to the audio amp which is behind the coin box.
Forgive the bump, but after re-connecting the speaker wires I noticed something; if I were running just a regular PC in the Lindbergh, what's the simplest way to get it to output to the stock speakers. I used an RCA to 3.5mm adapter on the red/white cables in the bottom of the cabinet (and plugged that 3.5mm into the PC), but that didn't produce any sound.

Forgive the bump, but after re-connecting the speaker wires I noticed something; if I were running just a regular PC in the Lindbergh, what's the simplest way to get it to output to the stock speakers. I used an RCA to 3.5mm adapter on the red/white cables in the bottom of the cabinet (and plugged that 3.5mm into the PC), but that didn't produce any sound.

That should work. If you don't get any sound, some possible reasons for it could be:

There's a volume adjustment knob under the service hatch, behind the control panel. Maybe it's at minimum setting.

Have you done any other modifications to your cabinet? The amp needs to be powered for it to work. You can find the amp behind the coin box. Check for power there with a multimeter.

That should work. If you don't get any sound, some possible reasons for it could be:

There's a volume adjustment knob under the service hatch, behind the control panel. Maybe it's at minimum setting.

Have you done any other modifications to your cabinet? The amp needs to be powered for it to work. You can find the amp behind the coin box. Check for power there with a multimeter.
Sometimes the simplest answer truly is the right one; it indeed turned out the hardware audio knob was turned to zero, which I should have thought of much sooner, clearly. the system sounds great now!

Reactions: nem
Back