What's new
I figured that was the case. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for a set of Decrypted FV2 ROMs? His web site doesn't seem to post this info (probably for good reason...?)
25£ for the emailed rom binaries, but he had an option at 60£ that included EPROMs. In 2020.

... in 2020.
I have some follow up questions.
  1. Are the EPROM chips that I would need have a required access speed that I should use for them. I see lots of 100ns and 50ns out there (if I'm reading this right,) or perhaps some other speed?
  2. I know I'll need another 36 more 4MB chips and a 512KB chip on top of the 4x2MB chips I'll need. Will I need to scrutinize each Blank ROM's banking (2Mbx8 or 1Mbx16?)
  3. Are all of the blanks I need from ST Electronics? Any recommendations outside of this manufacturer?
  4. I have not looked at the filter boards of the other games, but will the one for VF3/tb on STEP 2? If not do games that probably use all sorts of exotic analog controls have pinouts for 4 directions and 3 action buttons per side?
  5. Any particular ebay seller more reputable for ICs than others? I don''t see these in stock at mouser or similar any more (at the time of this writing.)
Thank you for any and all help on this subject.

Last edited:
I have some follow up questions.
  1. Are the EPROM chips that I would need have a required access speed that I should use for them. I see lots of 100ns and 50ns out there (if I'm reading this right,) or perhaps some other speed?
  2. I know I'll need another 36 more 4MB chips and a 512KB chip on top of the 4x2MB chips I'll need. Will I need to scrutinize each Blank ROM's banking (2Mbx8 or 1Mbx16?)
  3. Are all of the blanks I need from ST Electronics? Any recommendations outside of this manufacturer?
  4. I have not looked at the filter boards of the other games, but will the one for VF3/tb on STEP 2? If not do games that probably use all sorts of exotic analog controls have pinouts for 4 directions and 3 action buttons per side?
  5. Any particular ebay seller more reputable for ICs than others? I don''t see these in stock at mouser or similar any more (at the time of this writing.)
Thank you for any and all help on this subject.
It’s all 27c322 100ns except for 4 half that size (I used flash for those but you can use 27c160) and one 27c4002. ST is fine. I like jk_parts eBay but it’s been a while.
https://imgur.com/a/3zFpcNP
Note the jumpers
Filter board shouldn’t matter but I photo’d mine too. I think they all contain all controls.

Back