What's new

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have a Dynamite Baseball 99 cart which on page 4 says it hasn't been dumped
it doesn't say that, list at page 4 is about netboot "conversions". the game itself dumped, it's just nobody cared to crack it to boot from DIMM.

this list is way too outdated (~10years I think) and not recommended to use, it also have wrong information in number of places.

notsonic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the case, is there a dump of Dynamite Baseball 99, net bootable or otherwise? What goes into making a game net bootable? Who're the ones doing it?

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
If that's the case, is there a dump of Dynamite Baseball 99, net bootable or otherwise?
you may find cartridge dump in MAME
What goes into making a game net bootable?
crack its protection, or decrypt some data or smth else like that
basically same type of task as crack some PC game to play it for free :D
Who're the ones doing it?
nobody.
at various points it was Elsemi, Deunan Knute, or me

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any virtua fighter 4 is working with pi NetBoot?
Thanks

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
Virtua Fighter 4 is a NAOMI 2 game and they all work with CF/Netboot.

notsonic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like Virtual On OT (at least the dump i have, votnot.bin) doesn't work with the Cyber Lead JVS I/O. There's just no input in game or even in the game's test menu.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
VOOT requires that the IO board have outputs for lamps. if the IO board isn't capable of outputs then it wont boot (it wont work with the Capcom IO for this reason). At least the original Cart wont boot, I'm unsure how the patched netboot image will react.

also, the only inputs that test mode accept (on just about every NAOMI game) is the service and test buttons, and you should be able to use those buttons on the filterboard at all times.

notsonic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does boot with the Namco I/O just fine though, even linked. But there's no inputs.

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Reaction score
ok question I have a hod2 cab and i was wondering what shooting games i could change in or switch to to play a different shooting game. Or any that work with light guns.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
ok question I have a hod2 cab and i was wondering what shooting games i could change in or switch to to play a different shooting game. Or any that work with light guns.
House of the Dead 2 Uses the Type II IR setup
So you can also play:
Lupin the Shooting (NAOMI)
The Maze of the King (NAOMI)
Death Crimson OX (NAOMI)
Confidential Mission (NAOMI)
Brave Fire Fighters (Hikaru)

All of those drop in and just work on a HOTD2 cab. Other games can be made to work but would require some kind of additional modification to the cab.

For instance, Jurassic Park the Lost world (MODEL3) supports those guns as well but it's not a JVS game so you'd have to build a custom harness for it to skip over the JVS IO. Also it's a 24Khz game so you'd need to use a scan-converter to allow it to play on a 31Khz monitor.

Newer games on Chihiro and Lindbergh support 31K and those style gun tracking but have extra buttons on the guns or foot-pedals that your cab doesn't have.