What's new
I have a Dynamite Baseball 99 cart which on page 4 says it hasn't been dumped
it doesn't say that, list at page 4 is about netboot "conversions". the game itself dumped, it's just nobody cared to crack it to boot from DIMM.

this list is way too outdated (~10years I think) and not recommended to use, it also have wrong information in number of places.

If that's the case, is there a dump of Dynamite Baseball 99, net bootable or otherwise? What goes into making a game net bootable? Who're the ones doing it?

If that's the case, is there a dump of Dynamite Baseball 99, net bootable or otherwise?
you may find cartridge dump in MAME
What goes into making a game net bootable?
crack its protection, or decrypt some data or smth else like that
basically same type of task as crack some PC game to play it for free :D
Who're the ones doing it?
nobody.
at various points it was Elsemi, Deunan Knute, or me

Does anyone know if any virtua fighter 4 is working with pi NetBoot?
Thanks

Virtua Fighter 4 is a NAOMI 2 game and they all work with CF/Netboot.

It seems like Virtual On OT (at least the dump i have, votnot.bin) doesn't work with the Cyber Lead JVS I/O. There's just no input in game or even in the game's test menu.

VOOT requires that the IO board have outputs for lamps. if the IO board isn't capable of outputs then it wont boot (it wont work with the Capcom IO for this reason). At least the original Cart wont boot, I'm unsure how the patched netboot image will react.

also, the only inputs that test mode accept (on just about every NAOMI game) is the service and test buttons, and you should be able to use those buttons on the filterboard at all times.

It does boot with the Namco I/O just fine though, even linked. But there's no inputs.

ok question I have a hod2 cab and i was wondering what shooting games i could change in or switch to to play a different shooting game. Or any that work with light guns.

ok question I have a hod2 cab and i was wondering what shooting games i could change in or switch to to play a different shooting game. Or any that work with light guns.
House of the Dead 2 Uses the Type II IR setup
So you can also play:
Lupin the Shooting (NAOMI)
The Maze of the King (NAOMI)
Death Crimson OX (NAOMI)
Confidential Mission (NAOMI)
Brave Fire Fighters (Hikaru)

All of those drop in and just work on a HOTD2 cab. Other games can be made to work but would require some kind of additional modification to the cab.

For instance, Jurassic Park the Lost world (MODEL3) supports those guns as well but it's not a JVS game so you'd have to build a custom harness for it to skip over the JVS IO. Also it's a 24Khz game so you'd need to use a scan-converter to allow it to play on a 31Khz monitor.

Newer games on Chihiro and Lindbergh support 31K and those style gun tracking but have extra buttons on the guns or foot-pedals that your cab doesn't have.

I may be ignorant on the matter here but I am hoping someone can enlighten me: I know that NetBoot games are designed to boot from a network source, but what's the actual difference in data between the NetBoot image and the original EEPROM board, like with say Jambo Safari? Can they be converted back to EEPROMs if needed?

The reason I ask is because the netboot for Jambo Safari (Flycast) contains a lot more data than than the EEPROM counterpart (MAME). Was there an original build prior to the netboot?

There is no real difference.. The data is padded to fit the DIMM format. Normally when you convert a cart image to NET/CF you append the ROM files together to fit the memory layout. Then someone clever removes the protection and you are done. On the carts there are seldom EEPROMs, there are only EPROMs, MASK and FLASH ROMs.

So if you append the ROM files together to fit the memory layout, you could theoretically split it back from that same layout? I ask because the NetBoot image contains more than just padded data for Jambo Safari and would like to explore it via MAME, which does not accept NetBoot images.

Yes you can, just take a look at the files and loading description in MAME.
I am a bit curious as to what extra padded data you are seeing ? There should be 4MiB after the program ROM and then the MASK ROM contents appended in a linear fashion ?

Back