What's new
@Frank_fjs , I have a system16b multi so it's safe to say I'm ready whenever your selector is
The first assembled working units will showcase next week. :) These are all assigned and are mainly test units to gain feedback and uncover any potential issues. I can't break it but best to have more hands on it. The 3 pixel artists each get a free unit, well deserved I might add.

Once they've been tested and confirmed working I'll do a large batch to fullfill everyone's needs. Only a dozen people have the S16 multi in hands and these orders will be fullfilled first, swiftly and efficiently.
Im ready :) , need this to incorporate/complete my plexi case design

System 16 Plexi case you say? Will that be offered for sale, or the design files posted?
Ill post up the files once Im happy with it, only waiting to get Franks selector to incorporate it. I dont think I want to get into selling these things.

System 16 Plexi case you say? Will that be offered for sale, or the design files posted?
Ill post up the files once Im happy with it, only waiting to get Franks selector to incorporate it. I dont think I want to get into selling these things.
Ooooh! I knew their was a reason why I waited on ordering the plexi case from Highflow.
Don't forget, the case should also support the JNX System16/24 JAMMA Adapter PCB...
vsxctL4.jpg

Really support it/use the mounting holes, don't just make the plexi panel longer heh. :rolleyes: *cough*ghetto*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: JNX's i think it he most commonly used, i think others have either copied the design or its very similar.

Ill see about making some mounting holes, etc..

:thumbup: JNX's i think it he most commonly used, i think others have either copied the design or its very similar.

@Frank_fjs also sells a System 16 to JAMMA adapter with switches instead of jumpers. That is the one I have. So supporting that would be great too.

@Frank_fjs also sells a System 16 to JAMMA adapter with switches instead of jumpers. That is the one I have. So supporting that would be great too.
Ill try to get one from Frank if he still sells them along with the selector.

Damn a lot of updates while I’ve been sleeping!
nice job on the changes to a Super League and Dynamite Dux.

I’ll take a look at sprucing up Action Fighter today.

Ill try to get one from Frank if he still sells them along with the selector.
You're in luck, I ordered some S16 adapter PCBs with the selector PCBs.

Dose the FJS version have mounting holes?.. Cuz that could be a dealbreaker. :whistling: :saint:

heh... Yea I actually already knew that... I was waiting for @Derick2k to see the error of his ways.
Better than this one (cuz of the switches)...
IspLuok.jpg

But they both suffer from the same problem/issue, no mounting holes.
Aka can't ever be mounted properly.
TupOxKm.gif

Sorry, but JNX even with jumpers still bests ALL others (and is the only version D can/should support).

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack it with a drill!

Switches, 4 layer PCB and ENIG finish trump any other adapter, oh and 4th button support.

Alas I will add mounting holes to get the sheriff off my back.

Look at what PCBs cost, this ain't no low end prototype PCB (open picture and scroll to bottom, $98 for 5 x PCBs).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-12-12-22-41-88.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-12-12-22-41-88.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 109
@Frank_fjs Could you post images of the LCD with these two images displayed for Action Fighter?

index.php

index.php

I can't decide which one I like better. I also might want to invert it, depending on how it looks on the LCD.

Attachments

• ActionFighte_new1.bmp
    576 bytes · Views: 245
  • ActionFighter_new2.bmp
    576 bytes · Views: 244
Might be a silly question and I have no idea what constraints you're working with.... but is there a low overhead PNG library you could use that will fit in the remaining program/runtime space? that way you could store these in flash in a much more compressed format, with a pretty lightweight decompression.

While you'd have to decompress them one or two or three at a time to achieve decent performance/memory efficiency results, it might be worth the tradeoff.

Of course, I totally get it if you don't want to hassle with that for a hobby project also lol

Might be a silly question and I have no idea what constraints you're working with.... but is there a low overhead PNG library you could use that will fit in the remaining program/runtime space? that way you could store these in flash in a much more compressed format, with a pretty lightweight decompression.

While you'd have to decompress them one or two or three at a time to achieve decent performance/memory efficiency results, it might be worth the tradeoff
Full PNG format would be massive overkill. A basic run length encoding would work much better. But you would have to decompress into RAM instead of just accessing the bitmaps straight out of the EEPROM.

Of course, I totally get it if you don't want to hassle with that for a hobby project also lol
IF @opt2not and @nem didn't do such an amazing job reworking some of these to 64x32 I would be more inclined to agree.

Even for a perfectionist, you eventually reach a tipping point where the advancements are too incremental to justify the effort required to implement them.
Now this is coming from someone who doesn't code for a living...
Maybe @Frank_fjs would be willing to share/compare notes with you to see whats possible and at what cost/delay to the project?

While you'd have to decompress them one or two or three at a time to achieve decent performance/memory efficiency results, it might be worth the tradeoff
Full PNG format would be massive overkill. A basic run length encoding would work much better. But you would have to decompress into RAM instead of just accessing the bitmaps straight out of the EEPROM.
oh shit, yeah you're right.

run length encoding would work best, especially since these are monochrome bitmaps.

Just a thought anyways, I'm not the guy writing the code or managing the project.

@jassin000 indeed, really depends on how much effort is worth it to the involved parties.

Back