What's new
For Sale
We already talked a bit about this. The data east ones i have some customs for but you said not to bother due to lack of time.If you have time to make a list i can buy the boards to fix here or sort some customs for you to fix some boards.

I will make a list of my junk over the weekend, it needs to be done - the requests are coming in quite quickly custom parts are everyones big issues it seems.
The only ones i've had trouble finding is the Imagetek processor, konami 052591, cps1 a+c chips and socketed midway customs.
OK will do.
if it was dead would be $10 lol
I've revived a lot of completely dead boards by simply replacing work RAMs so sometimes can be much easier to repair than partially working boards.

I've revived a lot of completely dead boards by simply replacing work RAMs so sometimes can be much easier to repair than partially working boards.
Very true, had some very easy fixes off dead boards, but in general it's easier to work with something that's going.

The problem with totally dead is it can have multiple hidden faults stacked up and if you buy them off ebay especially they almost always do..

Very true, had some very easy fixes off dead boards, but in general it's easier to work with something that's going.
The problem with totally dead is it can have multiple hidden faults stacked up and if you buy them off ebay especially they almost always do..
Tell me about that.
Same scenario goes for suicided boards, it's not rare the board developed a fault and was pulled from operation and many years later battery died.
Then you get your hands on it thinking "oh the game is just suicided, will be an easy repair!". And after desuicide the real problem appears.

And I don't buy from ebay, almost all sellers are hidden facts/lying, etc. Like the famous "untested" condition for a JAMMA board when the same seller has an other dozen of JAMMA boards tested and said fully working. Also like the "item isn't available anymore" when you win an auction for few $. Then the very same board with the same serial is back for auction few weeks later...

I love when they say stuff like "audio untested, but board boots" and you notice in the image a few missing customs off the PCB. X/

I love when they say stuff like "audio untested, but board boots" and you notice in the image a few missing customs off the PCB. X/
Or the "works fine BUT"... :D But has graphic problems, but has no sound, etc.
Or simply the "works" which has to be translated to completely wasted but has sign of life (garbage screen, etc.).

Tell me about that.Same scenario goes for suicided boards, it's not rare the board developed a fault and was pulled from operation and many years later battery died.
Then you get your hands on it thinking "oh the game is just suicided, will be an easy repair!". And after desuicide the real problem appears.

And I don't buy from ebay, almost all sellers are hidden facts/lying, etc. Like the famous "untested" condition for a JAMMA board when the same seller has an other dozen of JAMMA boards tested and said fully working. Also like the "item isn't available anymore" when you win an auction for few $. Then the very same board with the same serial is back for auction few weeks later...
I have to admit I made this mistake, and my wallet is kicking me in the ass for my stupidity.
It's a teaching moment.
And the rant about shit boards...
As I dive more into this, I'm realizing why buying shit boards, and repairing them is a pain in the ass.

I have bought a few shit boards. Most I get lucky with, but there's been a few where it's completely unrepairable or not worth the time.

Here is my list of konami parts available for all you shit konami owners ;)

05679h
05679l
05346a
054539 _ gone!!!

056820 module
051550 module
052535 module
005273 module

Last edited:
Ahah ! From the top of my head I think I need one 05538 and one 05990. Must check.

Yes 054338 for Bucky O'Hare and the other one is 053990 for Wild Cowboys of Moo Mesa.

got the 54338 not the other one sadly, checked it out and it's more of a protection chip like the 052591 (the one i need)

If you have it still, I would like to buy it
I live in California so how much with shipping?

If you have it still, I would like to buy it
I live in California so how much with shipping?
Post is 6 years old, board was repaired and sold for 50 in the end.

I'd like to also take this opportunity to announce GG's on selling regular boards, it's not worth the stress these days.
If these posts keep getting bumped, i'm going to have to ask darksoft to lock them.

Actually it was already decided in Jan/February that it's not worth the stress and i'll be having a very long break.
I know about everyone who is still waiting for things (multi's / repairs / etc) my time now is focused on clearing out any backlog and going on a LONG break.

-Ham

Back