What's new

jkl

Student
Reaction score
Hi, I finally got my x2.
I cleaned it, and transferred to a brand new matx case.
Everything is fine, except... the mobo powers itself after 3-4 seconds.
When I turn on the atx PSU I have a red light in the bottom of the board, and after few secs the whole thing takes life itself.

Tried to unplug all of the wires going to i/o board, but nothing changes.

Any help appreciated.

I'd like to use power buttons and lights of the case, but as long as the board powers itself I can't do anything...

I think that's the way it's supposed to behave. The X2 turns on when power is introduced. System is meant to live inside a cabinet, turning on the cab and then the X2 would be a pain.

mmmh yes it does make sense, but I think it should be changed in some way... At least niko was able to do same thing (see page 2 of his freeware multi thread)..

What case did you use? Can you post pics? :)

Pin 16 (Green wire) is probably jumpered to ground at the motherboard to turn on the system whenever the power supply is plugged into power/turned on.

Hi thanks for answers.

I located only 2 jumpers, one near battery and another near yello internal usb ports.
Do you know what they do? I suppose the first one is for CMOS clear....

I saw on page 2 of Niko's thread he already moved his TTx2 to an atx case, and he needed to wire 3 pins from front panel to Jvs to avoid I/O error.. but I wonder why my board seems to ignore it (I mean it powers up without any error and boots to niko's multi menu without hassles, with jvs or even with jvs completely disconnected - spdif, com, frontpanel -, although logically once in the menu no control works, but no errors dispalyed).

PS: case is Thermaltake V21, pics soon

Last edited:
edit: tried to connect power button instead of jvs.
System powered itself ad expected, but long pressing the power button worked to shut it off. Then, power switch works ad expected.

2 questions:
1) When ingame to shut down you simply cut power or there is a proper (safe) shut down procedure? And to go back to multi's menu?

2) now to have power button and jvs working I just need to connect the 3 wires marked as red squares on page 2 of niko's thread, from front panel header to same header on jvs, right?

Straight power off is fine. There is no way to "shut down" legit kits.

edit: tried to connect power button instead of jvs.
System powered itself ad expected, but long pressing the power button worked to shut it off. Then, power switch works ad expected.

2 questions:
1) When ingame to shut down you simply cut power or there is a proper (safe) shut down procedure? And to go back to multi's menu?

2) now to have power button and jvs working I just need to connect the 3 wires marked as red squares on page 2 of niko's thread, from front panel header to same header on jvs, right?
Yea thats odd, glad its working as expected now.

1.) Straight power off is fine, the OS (XP Embeded) was designed for it.
2.) That is correct, and really, you probably dont even need to connect those 3 wires unless you plan to use "legit X2 games" with the system. If the system is only going to be used with my multi then it should be fine.

This is it.
Connected the 3 wires, seems to be OK.
Only worries for cooling, it has 25 intake fan (the whole front) and 12 out.
New scythe shuriken on CPU with Noctua grease, new flashed passive video card.
Light bending of PCB around CPU caused by cooler push pins, but it should be well pushed and effective.

Attachments

• PicsArt_10-24-08.27.59.jpg
    PicsArt_10-24-08.27.59.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 261
I have two mATX modded TTX2s, and what I did was to use the PSU switch in the back of the case as power switch... no need to mess with wires :)

Regarding cooling, what I have is a 140mm exhaust sidefan, a custom Zalman fan for the overclocked 79000GS and a Alpine11 Pro for the CPU.. everything runs cool and nice :)

Last edited:
Regarding cooling, what I have is a 140mm exhaust sidefan, a custom Zalman fan for the overclocked 79000GS and a Alpine11 Pro for the CPU.. everything runs cool and nice :)
Mmmh.. overclocked using nbitor I suppose...
How did you check temps? I have a cheap gun Ir thermometer that I don't trust too much...

Any chance to run temps utilities on system itself? There's a way to access its bios?

yep with nbittor... the XFX-7900GS is known to be an overclocking monster, better than a 7900GT for example..

I don't have actual temperature values, but the fact that the OC'd graphic card is able to run for hours without showing artifacts is the empirical proof that the system runs cool :D

My system was on all night long running SSFIV (demo play of course), so I can assume mine is ok too.

2 final questions:
1) is there a way to go back to menu from ingame? From Raiden IV worked the test+system combo, but not with other games.
2) is there a way to rotate vertical games?

Back