What's new
You don’t happen to have anymore stock Namco gun shells?

Hey buddy, long time no talk.

I've got like 6 guns to keep for my own stash.

Shells went out from Namco/Betson/etc a year or so ago.

I've got a place I know that has some, but I'd have to see what they'd charge for a set....I'd expect full retail prices, unfortunately....you looking for blue/pink or both?

Hey buddy, long time no talk.

I've got like 6 guns to keep for my own stash.

Shells went out from Namco/Betson/etc a year or so ago.

I've got a place I know that has some, but I'd have to see what they'd charge for a set....I'd expect full retail prices, unfortunately....you looking for blue/pink or both?
Just pink. I got a gun that functions right but the shell has seen better days.

Also, do you know any distributors who might have this? I don’t care if I have to pay a lot for it.

Attachments

• 24B4CB36-DEBC-4245-B2CE-1602BC90DC1A.jpeg
    24B4CB36-DEBC-4245-B2CE-1602BC90DC1A.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 133
Is that for standard gun, or Vampire/Ninja?

I can ask my contact as well, but that's likely to be thin.
It’s used for vampire night and time crisis 3 Cam DX. I have everything else but I’m having a hard time trying to locate one of these sensors.

It’s used for vampire night and time crisis 3 Cam DX. I have everything else but I’m having a hard time trying to locate one of these sensors.
Not much of these were produced. Only Japanese Time Crisis 3 machines and all Vampire Night machines used those (with the latter being very rare). There is also an SD version of this IR emitter and it's not known if a DX emitter works in an SD cab and vice versa. My guess is the emitter itself had to project a different sized "dot" to compensate for the screen size.

Also you need one of those IR cameras used in the previously two mentioned games and Crisis Zone as well as the correct I/O board that would use the DX type emitter; in this case, the JVS RAYS board.

Not much of these were produced. Only Japanese Time Crisis 3 machines and all Vampire Night machines used those (with the latter being very rare). There is also an SD version of this IR emitter and it's not known if a DX emitter works in an SD cab and vice versa. My guess is the emitter itself had to project a different sized "dot" to compensate for the screen size.

Also you need one of those IR cameras used in the previously two mentioned games and Crisis Zone as well as the correct I/O board that would use the DX type emitter; in this case, the JVS RAYS board.
I got the camera and the rays pcb. I’m only missing the emitter. From my understanding, the DX and SD emitters are the same thing, just rebranded. What I’m not sure is if the DX sensor the was used in crisis zone will work with this setup. Now, what I wonder is if theres a modern replacement somewhere. An led IR emitter to be exact.

> TL;DR: if a CCD equipped gun game (Crisis Zone, Teraburst, Jursassic park, etc etc )

Most of what he's said in the above post is wrong I'm afraid :(

Teraburst is one of the only games that uses a CCD camera in the gun, and a static IR emitter bar in the cabinet. You can see the IR LEDs on youtube videos people have done of that cabinet.

Crisis Zone uses the same CCD camera but it's mounted statically to the cabinet, and the gun has a very high powered IR LED that it focuses using a lens onto the screen which the camera picks up. You can probably just make one, but the power / wavelength of that LED is currently unknown (I've got one if you ever need me to do any testing).

Jurrasic Park uses the Type 2 gun system, which relies on 10 IR LED clusters that flash on and off, no where near the same as a simple sensor bar from a Wii.

> TL;DR: if a CCD equipped gun game (Crisis Zone, Teraburst, Jursassic park, etc etc )

Most of what he's said in the above post is wrong I'm afraid :(

Teraburst is one of the only games that uses a CCD camera in the gun, and a static IR emitter bar in the cabinet. You can see the IR LEDs on youtube videos people have done of that cabinet.

Crisis Zone uses the same CCD camera but it's mounted statically to the cabinet, and the gun has a very high powered IR LED that it focuses using a lens onto the screen which the camera picks up. You can probably just make one, but the power / wavelength of that LED is currently unknown (I've got one if you ever need me to do any testing).

Jurrasic Park uses the Type 2 gun system, which relies on 10 IR LED clusters that flash on and off, no where near the same as a simple sensor bar from a Wii.
Yes, I would like you to test the wavelength of that led, I would like to make one myself as that part is hard to find. I got some parts coming in today. I’ll test it with the wii bar with a lenses to see if it does anything.

I'd be more than happy to if you know a way to test the wavelength of an LED?
I was doing some research on how to test the wavelength, the answers I got weren’t great. Apparently, it’s hard to measure the wavelength of an IR led. The most common answer I got was “We don’t and can’t know.” On the other hand, I did get a CCD camera yesterday to test out with my rays pcb. I got a will bar and a couple of tv remotes to test out if the camera would track the IR emitters on the sensor bar and remotes. Surprisingly, it did track the wii bar and a remote with a super bright IR led. The only issue was that the cursor was jumping around like crazy. I think I may know why. I got the lenses off a broken Namco gun I had laying around and that magnified the led to a small dot. One thing I do want to test out is a laser pointer. I did have a bit of fun playing vampire night with a jumping gun cursor lol!

Last edited:
I did at one point buy every digikey IR LED that was advertised in that wave length range, but I never got around to testing them all.

I did at one point buy every digikey IR LED that was advertised in that wave length range, but I never got around to testing them all.
I might do the same but for now, I will test a laser pointer. I’m thinking, as long as the camera detects where you are pointing, it should be good. Hopefully it’s not as complicated as the OMZ IR setups. I’m going to do this in the name of science and curiosity.

Back