Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
The first of a few to come.

- Recapped.
- SRAM battery replaced.
- 2MB RAM
- PSU replaced with Mattsoft's PSU replacement PCB (you can use either an ATX PSU or a Pico*).
- Gave it a 36 hour burn in playing a game (I will have that music burned into my brain for the next year I swear).
- Floppy drives have been tested with 50 reads each with 0 failures.

Pics:
http://imgur.com/a/y87mDhH

*if you intend to use the floppy drives and run actual disks, I would not recommend the Pico. It has a rough time running the drives and console at once. You can see the lights dim as it reads.

Pricing has been rough for me to figure out. So I'm going to test the waters at a few hundred under YAJ for a running system and just see how things go. I'm also going to offer a few options as I think it will work out best that way.

$850 - 2 working floppy drives.

$800 - 1 working floppy drive (good for SD2SCSI folks as they'll have the ability to reinstall the SXSI driver themselves when the battery gets changed again).

$750 - No working floppies (for the people who intend to install a floppy emulator or some sort and won't want/need them anyway).

Things you'll still need:
- Pico or ATX PSU
- Controller (same as MSX, etc. Genesis will *not* work)
- RGB cable
- If you want to run SD2SCSI you'll also need a keyboard adapter.
- Any expansion cards you may want.

Happy to answer any and all questions you may have!

Oh man, if only I had the money. Dream come true right here. I'd have a blast with the music software.

Someone is going to be very happy.

Someone is going to have a lot of fun with this! So many great games!!

Are you going to branch into the later models? I’ve considered swapping my super to get into an XVI.

Someone is going to have a lot of fun with this! So many great games!!

Are you going to branch into the later models? I’ve considered swapping my super to get into an XVI.
Maybe? The only thing is the price on those... Non-working going anywhere from 7-1100 is crazy land. I'd have to charge some crazy prices for them and I think they'd just sit around and not sell.

I do hope to snag myself an XVI and a 68030 down the line somewhere. I have a Pro HD and an Expert right now personally. Everyone clamors over the towers, but the desktops have twice as many expansion slots!

If whoever buys this wants a Genesis to X68000 controller adapter, hit me up. I have some extras...

1 pending payment.
1 pending trade for an XVI compact.

2 left, and most likely either a Pro or Expert to follow.

2 Sold.
1 still pending trade.

1 CZ-600CE left.

Once I figure out FDX68k I may start offering them shipped that way instead.

I do have an Expert and a Pro as well right now if anyone is interested.

Just a quick tip about using Mattsoft's PSU replacement PCB with picoPSU. There is nothing wrong with the device, it works as intended. FDD should never run off the ATX connector. PC users know this as well and get power from a separate molex that goes back to the PC power supply.

In the case of picoPSU setup, the PicoPSU comes with molex adapters for FDD/HDD use. If you power the X68000 FDD from the molex add-ons (and not 5V/12V posts that connect to the ATX connector) then they will work perfectly fine with no dimming.

OG models are gooooooone for now.

Still have an Expert and a Pro on hand.

Expert is gone.

Pro is still here.

Two more OG models coming this month. One black, one gray. Probably one or two more as well.

And a boxed Compact.

Last edited:
Expert is gone.

Pro is still here.

Two more OG models coming this month. One black, one gray. Probably one or two more as well.

And a boxed Compact.
Still have a Pro?
No Pro.

Right now I have two CZ-600s. One is black, one gray.

And a Compact XVI I haven't had the time to figure out what's going on with. Just gets the generic error.

Expert is gone.

Pro is still here.

And a boxed Compact.
Still have a Pro?
No Pro.
Right now I have two CZ-600s. One is black, one gray.

And a Compact XVI I haven't had the time to figure out what's going on with. Just gets the generic error.
Okay, I will keep an eye on this thread. If you get another Tower XVI or black pro desktop, I am interested. ShootTheCore directed me here. ;D

@rewrite What models would you recommend? There are quite a few variants.
The Pro models are my top suggestion. While not as iconic looking, they are pretty much bulletproof. They're also easy to work on and have an enormous amount of space inside, and double the expansion bays of the other models (4 opposed to 2).

Anything aside from the XVI, and x68030 are functionally identical. Super, Expert, original, all functionally the same.

The XVI (both the tower and standard compact) has a 10/16mhz switch so on a few later games you'll see improvements when running in 16mhz.

The x68030 runs even faster, and has I think 3? Titles it will run the others won't, but at the cost of losing compatibility with a lot of older games (something I believe @ShootTheCore has made great strides in correcting as of late).

Back