What's new

man1aco

Student
Reaction score
I have some racing games that are Jamma + connector for analog input.

As these are games played on MAME are perfectly playable using the keyboard, I realized that converting the analog controls to fighting sticks and buttons would be interesting, thus being able to play these games on any cabinet made for fighting games.

So I created these two small circuits that feed the steering wheel, accelerator and brake input.

One circuit simulates the steering wheel and another the accelerator and also the brake, you have to do one for each.

All circuit resistances were calculated to correctly simulate the real limits of an analog accelerator, brake and steering wheel.

The accelerator or brake circuit emits 0.4v when at rest and emits 4.6v when pressed.

The steering wheel circuit emits 2.5v in the center, 0.4v to one side and 4.6v to the other, the centering is adjusted on the circuit's 10k potentiometer.

I've already played Suzuka 8 hours 2 and Fourtrax on my standard fighting game cabinet and it works perfectly, you just need to connect the circuits to the microswitches on the stick and buttons you're going to use.

The circuit can be powered directly from the 5V arcade power supply or can use the power supplied by the game board connector.

Attachments

• stering wheel.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 67
  • acc brake.pdf
    4.6 KB · Views: 32
This is beyond wicked and benefits people who want to play racing games on their Supergun. It would also benefit people who want to mod console race wheels or controls that don't have potentiometers. Have you tried this with any Sega Model 2 or 3 boards?

Scud Race requires the gas to be held at a certain spot on the tachometer in order to do the rocket start, although you CAN rocket start the car using digital inputs by rapidly tapping the gas at roughly the same spot on the tachometer.

I'd like to to do a new, cleaner mod with your circuit. Perhaps I could DM you more about this wiring? Although I have a cab I still like to have something to play the PCBs outside of it, even if I don't have force feedback.

It's simple, any game with analog controls will work.

Very useful for games that have jamma and an analog connector.

Back