What's new
For Sale
Legend of Heroes the art and story is basically a rip-off of Mulan with the characters names changed.

Anyone who's interested in the Lemenko system board can go here: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/misc/limenko.cpp
it's basically got 3 games:
Dynamite Bomber (similar to snow bros/tumble pop)
Legend of Heroes (generic beat-em up based on Mulan)
Super Bubble 2003 (a bubble bobble knock off)

Last edited:
20220122_234124.jpg

Rather than spending an hour looking for it I found one on my hard drive. Was showing the size of this psu to a mate. So whats the verdict?
As everyone has said, that's not SR2, but what you DO have is a much better game, so enjoy it!

I have no idea how to open it either, I don't want to damage it!

It’s legend of heroes by limenko
And it's 1.7 million hours long. And not very good at all. But it is the closest thing you'll ever get to a Disney beat em up, so.

Mine died just sitting in the closet this past year. So if anyone knows anything about working on these, I'd love to hear it.

Also all that sucks @djsheep

Wow, gentlemen's agreement not honor. But on a note, Yanton always fulfilled everything I bought from him. Some shipped really fast some did not but always arrived. Plus he did full refunds on stuff that came in not working.

Wow, gentlemen's agreement not honor. But on a note, Yanton always fulfilled everything I bought from him. Some shipped really fast some did not but always arrived. Plus he did full refunds on stuff that came in not working.
....is that suggesting this is another yaton account?

....is that suggesting this is another yaton account?
I really don't know. I heard the father had the business, then passed it on to the son. But up till now, he delivered. I guess I got lucky. But I only bought small stuff. Liked a chihiro, a lot of stuff for the sega new net city. Some chihiro gd-roms. And a snk mvs u2. The cab was alright for the price. and shipping was at the door. I only had to pay 60 for taxes. Like I say I don't know the guy, but he delivered fast and sometimes slow.

I really don't know. I heard the father had the business, then passed it on to the son. But up till now, he delivered. I guess I got lucky. But I only bought small stuff. Liked a chihiro, a lot of stuff for the sega new net city. Some chihiro gd-roms. And a snk mvs u2. The cab was alright for the price. and shipping was at the door. I only had to pay 60 for taxes. Like I say I don't know the guy, but he delivered fast and sometimes slow.
I'm confused because no one was talking about yaton at all before you mentioned him.

Are you saying that @jiahua is another account for yaton? Because if so he needs to be banned since yaton has been banned.

And it's 1.7 million hours long. And not very good at all. But it is the closest thing you'll ever get to a Disney beat em up, so.

Mine died just sitting in the closet this past year. So if anyone knows anything about working on these, I'd love to hear it.

Also all that sucks @djsheep
Did it boot with graphics corruption before it died? If there is a way to open it up without damaging the label i mighr be able to help you fix it.

Did it boot with graphics corruption before it died? If there is a way to open it up without damaging the label i mighr be able to help you fix it.
Full-on black screen, no signs of life. Played it last year showing a friend how silly it is to have a Mulan beat em up and there were zero issues. Did the usual clean the JAMMA edge, double-check voltages, no dice. Haven't dug into it beyond that.

I have a feeling they used cheap surface mounted caps that has leaked. Hence my reason to want to open it up.

I'm confused because no one was talking about yaton at all before you mentioned him.

Are you saying that @jiahua is another account for yaton? Because if so he needs to be banned since yaton has been banned.
Sorry for the confusion. I thought djsheep said something about yanton. But I don't understand that much english. That is why i explained my experiamce

Sorry for the confusion. I thought djsheep said something about yanton. But I don't understand that much english. That is why i explained my experiamce
You are perfectly fine, Sir. I was just confused and didn't want anyone to run into any extra trouble!

Full-on black screen, no signs of life. Played it last year showing a friend how silly it is to have a Mulan beat em up and there were zero issues. Did the usual clean the JAMMA edge, double-check voltages, no dice. Haven't dug into it beyond that.
So i found where the screws to open the cart were. System11 kindly showed me where they were. On the two corners opposite the other exposed screws. Have to carefully peel the corners up to reveal them.

IMG-20230519-WA0015.jpeg

Anyway the issue i had with mine where random dots over the screen. It used to go away after 15 minutes but after 2 years it aeems to be more permenent.

What i can judge by the insides is that the pcb takes 5vs and converts it into 3.3v for cmos compatibility. It uses a voltage regulator for this which feeds into various passive components including a 50v 1uf capacitor. If this capacitor goes bad the voltage will drop and you may experience issues. Also near what looks like the gpu asic is another cap. I changed this this and the dots went away.

IMG-20230519-WA0024.jpeg

There are various caps by the sound section but seems to be related only for sound.

Also in the reset and clock circuit there are also smt caps. If these go bad then you will have a dead game.

So to summariese. A dead cart will most likely be either
1. Bad voltage regulator
2. Bad cap by the voltagebregulator
3. Bad cap the reset circuit
4. Bad cap in the clock circuit
5. Lifted pins
6. On some revision motherboards i am told there is a vr pot in the voltage regulation circuit next tonthe regulator. If this goes bad due to anodising oxidation then u will experience problems.

Also thing to note. It seems impossible to remove the mobo without breaking odf the hard to find volume knob. The whole cart is basically a mobo with a rectangular rom board all screwed together to make it look like a giant mvs cart. Smart i thought. Anyway the mobo sits inside the shell flushed but the volume knob sticks out. U either have to bend the shell outwards enough to remove the cart with knob intact (risk cracking the shell) or sacrifice the volume knob. If anyone can find a better way please let me know. I will repost this in the tech section for referencing.

In all circumstances, i highly recommended you open your cart up and replace those caps as they are bad quality and may leak and destroy your game.

Volume knob is similar to a GBA B103 10k pot except that it is 14mm not 16mm. Aliexpress sells 14mm B103s.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back