What's new
What if the Vespa guy would have said, "hey dude, this is actually working. How about If I pay you the going rate for a working Vespa?"

Dude, you knew exactly what you were doing.

Just because I was wrong, doesn't mean everything you said and did was justified.

Even so, I elected to let go that you insulted my family and all the social manipulation games that you're trying to play.
Let's just get this over with so I can get back to playing video games and enjoying myself okay?

Dude, you knew exactly what you were doing.

Just because I was wrong, doesn't mean everything you said and did was justified.

Even so, I elected to let go that you insulted my family and all the social manipulation games that you're trying to play.
Let's just get this over with so I can get back to playing games and enjoying myself okay?
I didn't insult your family (I did say maybe we were raised differently, but differently doesn't necessarily mean badly). I elected to let go your saying I was acting like a sociopath, so I think we're even here.

I have no idea what "social manipulation games" you're talking about. You were in the wrong, I posted that you were in the wrong. Then a bunch of people weighed in on both sides.

Nothing you or I can do about getting it over with as long as the thread is open for comment from everyone else unfortunately.
What if the Vespa guy would have said, "hey dude, this is actually working. How about If I pay you the going rate for a working Vespa?"
My first words would have probably been "Are you sure?". But it didn't happen then, and didn't happen here. So I'm not sure how it's related.

The badly part was very much implied.

You were very clearly trying to get me blackballed.
Also, that's fair re: sociopath acting statement.

If I were you, I would reflect on this, in like 2 weeks or so after things have cooled off to see if there's anything I could have handled better.

I know I will be.

The badly part was very much implied.

You were very clearly trying to get me blackballed.

If I were you, I would reflect on this, in like 2 weeks or so after things have cooled off.

I know I will be.
And saying someone acts like a sociopath and saying they are one is the same thing, it's just arguing semantics to look like you aren't being as rude. And sure, maybe my comment was out of line, but so was the sociopath one.

Posting feedback in the feedback section is exactly what it's here for. And exactly what I did.

So you'd have taken it on the chin for the vespa but not the Deathsmiles board? What's the difference?
Yes. The difference is, the guy spent time and money driving out for the Vespa with a set price in mind, and perhaps only had that exact amount of cash. Asking for more money in that situation would have been extremely rude and shitty. You just clicked a few buttons to pay online. I'm trying to put myself in your situation and quite honestly I don't understand your logic. In my mind, I was paying for a broken Deathsmiles, now the Deathsmiles works so why should I be entitled to a Deathsmiles for way under market value? You're standing your ground on being the more ethical individual, but in my mind, it would be unethical to try to grab something for under-market due to a technicality. That's like loophole lawyer bullshit. Hope you don't take my opinion personally.

But PSA to Sellers: Test your shit before selling and avoid this nonsense.

Last edited:
Its just as rude and shitty either way, the only difference is the other guy would have to be annoyed in the car while I can be annoyed from my desk.

We're not going to see eye to eye. And that's fine.

WTF is wrong with people. Where is the fucking class?

Guy just bought a big dollar cab, now he can't afford his bills. He's looking to dump a board, chooses DS, finds that it's not working and in his own haste he decides to dump it quick. He gets money, that thing should have gone in a box and have been in the mail. END OF STORY.

If you ship a board that was full price and it gets damaged in shipping you either refund the money or you make the buyer happy.

None of this is hard to understand and in no way was Smurph in the right. It's a dick move, and Rewrite is justified in every sense of the matter. The best thing to come of this thread is I've saved myself from dealing with more assholes that have popped up in his defense.

The best thing to come of this thread is I've saved myself from dealing with more assholes that have popped up in his defense.
It looks bad for both parties. I'm sure there are people that will not sell to rewrite because of this.

Also uploading the private message screen captures is a proper dick move.

The best thing to come of this thread is I've saved myself from dealing with more assholes that have popped up in his defense.
It looks bad for both parties. I'm sure there are people that will not sell to rewrite because of this.
I find that hard to believe. He did that to prove the shenanigans that Smurph was trying to do. I'm not sure if this is your first forum, but it's a common practice to share transaction details when shits going south. I mean FFS it's not like he doxx'd the guy.

Shit didn't really go South. Someone backed out of a deal and issued a refund.

When it comes down to a he said / she said argument. Presenting factual evidence is the best course of action. It's a standard practice on the majority of forums that have sales. Also as stated by @DecepticonZero no personal info was publicly posted.

There is no "market mod" here and I'm sure the mods have been made aware of the situation. However, this is also the whole point of a Feedback section as well. To hash things out and explain sides.

Yep, when we both started bickering we both looked bad. If people decide not to sell to me for one disagreement with a user over a transaction in over a decade that's their decision.

When I was told I was misrepresenting the situation, I proved that I wasn't. Without that it was only he said she said. I'd also forewarned that I would do it, and I was not asked not to. He was going to post the PayPal transaction, which is not any different.

As the title states, we're working it out. PayPal has become our mutual enemy at this point.

Shit didn't really go South. Someone backed out of a deal and issued a refund.
So a guy backing out, and reselling a board before the refund has even cleared isn't "going south" to you?

LOL

**Edit**
Also to the ass that thinks I'm "stirring the pot", this is just me backing up a buddy. It's what we used to do in this hobby before arcade machines became stuffed animal shelves.

Paypal refunds have always been instant for me as the recipient.

If you have to wait seven days or similar then yes, I could see that as an issue.

Paypal refunds have always been instant for me as the recipient.

If you have to wait seven days or similar then yes, I could see that as an issue.
Paypal did something absolutely bullshit and pulled the 630 from my checking (As I only received 630 due to fees), and 20 from my checking instead of the sensible thing and doing it the other way around.

This looks like a software error on their part, as during the refund process it said it was going to do the opposite.

I'm going to see if I can get them to waive and refund all associated transaction fees due to this.

If i dropped that amount of money, you bet your ass I'm going public if the deal went south, which this one did.

He should have sent the game, then ate the loss (even tho he got a good amount of cash for it), and chalked it up to experience. This is borderline "bait & switch".

Side note, I'm no longer going to comment on ethics and who I think is wrong here.
Frankly (heh, thanks frank), I think it's both of us for different reasons.

You guys can keep discussing it if you'd like.
I don't think it's necessary as it's gone back to a one-on-one however.
Regardless, I'm not going to contribute any more to this thread unless something new comes up that demands my attention.

I really appreciate all of your opinions and input on this, as part of a well functioning community is being able to check your friends and associates when they mess up.

I don't understand this logic, this all seems pretty clear cut to me. The guy sold the board, backed out, and then tried to flip it for more on the same forum. He backed out of the deal just to try and hawk it for more. I absolutely would be calling him out for this. As someone else said in another post not to long ago, this is a fairly small group as a hobby and shit gets around. If one person gets away with this sort of thing, someone else might try to do it as well. People are digitally crucifying KC for the stuff he pulls, the same standard should apply to anyone who does something shady like this.

You don't go into a store and at the register when buying something the cashier says "Oh no, this item is worth more now" and then tries to sell it to the next person in line. It shouldn't work this way here either. Honor your original deal or GTFO.

Back