What's new
My undestand with CAVEs games is that back during the good old days used games were $300 ( a collector here in a video mentioned purchasing mushi pork for $300 a while back) but now they are way over price.. I think a multi would help my broke ass to enjoy those cool games:)

so someone would convert SF2WW to play on a 12mhz board? I wouldn't have thought you could do that
The games written for the 10mhz board are already coded by Capcom to run properly on a 12mhz board. Hence why there's no issues with using SF2:CE for Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls N Ghosts, Strider, etc.

My undestand with CAVEs games is that back during the good old days used games were $300 ( a collector here in a video mentioned purchasing mushi pork for $300 a while back) but now they are way over price.. I think a multi would help my broke ass to enjoy those cool games:)
The problem with a CAVE multi is you'd still need to buy a game to convert and even the cheapest CV1000 games are going for over a grand these days.

unless of course the "multi" was a whole stand-alone PCB based on the CAVE hardware.

The games written for the 10mhz board are already coded by Capcom to run properly on a 12mhz board. Hence why there's no issues with using SF2:CE for Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls N Ghosts, Strider, etc.
Correct, and and you can even make CPS1.5 conversions using a SF2:CE C-board and a CPS1.5 A-board. ;)

I've already said this somewhere but I'm going to repeat myself here.

There IS a CPS1 multi and it's absolutely awesome, made by a french guy who goes by as "aje_fr":

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45917&sid=7b15daf3e1592491c4ec45066e8f6c57

The problem is that the guys seemed to have stopped producing them and won't ship outside of France.

Imho, there's no need to reinvent the wheel, I'd be really really happy to see DS get in touch with aje_fr and distribute his work because, as it is, it's perfect.

Load roms on a SD.
LCD screen to select and launch the game.
*instant loading times*
Uses 1:1 MAME roms, without needing any kind of hack

What can you possibly ask for more?

As for the other platforms, I don't really care that much.

A SEGA System16 multi would be nice, but I have all the games burned on EPROMs and whenever I feel like changing game, I just swap the chips and a couple jumpers on the board.

A CPS1 multi is all I need in my life right now.

I think most people here on the forum now about aje's multi, and are also aware of the not shipping outside of France part.

If I'm not mistaken, Darksoft already has one of those ;)

I dont mind whose CPS1 is.. as long as it works fine and it's supported by Darksoft :P

Atomiswave is also sexy.. I know that you can hack a monster Naomi with his monster NetDimm and a Monster CF/rPi setup and monster PSU with some cabling here and there and run hacked Atomiswave dumps on top of it. (pfew...)

But I love the sinmplicity of a compact Jamma Atomiswave setup :)

There IS a CPS1 multi and it's absolutely awesome, made by a french guy who goes by as "aje_fr":

neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopi…3e1592491c4ec45066e8f6c57

The problem is that the guys seemed to have stopped producing them and won't ship outside of France.
If the Aje_fr CPS1 Multi is no longer being sold/produced then I would back Darksoft to make one.
I love the sinmplicity of a compact Jamma Atomiswave setup
Yup, I would love to have a multi for the AW.

You guys are almost compelling me share some details on what I've been cooking up for Atomiswave :D
12li65.jpg

Just curious (and definitely don't want to curb any Atomiswave Multi enthusiasm), but Atomiswave games are already running on the Netboot Naomis right?

I've already said this somewhere but I'm going to repeat myself here.

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45917&sid=7b15daf3e1592491c4ec45066e8f6c57

Imho, there's no need to reinvent the wheel, I'd be really really happy to see DS get in touch with aje_fr and distribute his work because, as it is, it's perfect.

Load roms on a SD.
LCD screen to select and launch the game.
*instant loading times*
Uses 1:1 MAME roms, without needing any kind of hack

What can you possibly ask for more?

As for the other platforms, I don't really care that much.

A SEGA System16 multi would be nice, but I have all the games burned on EPROMs and whenever I feel like changing game, I just swap the chips and a couple jumpers on the board.

A CPS1 multi is all I need in my life right now.
Awesome though it may be, an alternative to a CPS1 multi that is by your own words no longer produced and was never available outside of France is not reinventing the wheel. What more can we ask for on your list of points? To actually buy it.

aje has made it quite clear that they are not interested in making it more widely available and that's fine, but for those of us who DON'T live in France - it's not an option.

My understanding is others have also offered/asked to distribute and been turned down but I'm not 100% on that.

I don't see a PGM or Atomiswave multi really being a thing, neither of the systems have a huge library of must play games apart from the couple of Cave shmups on PGM which as I understand it were released on standalone PCBs anyway (and can be converted to carts). A potential NAOMI multi would also likely run Atomiswave.

I'd personally like to see a Sega System 16 just because there are quite a few good games on the platform and you need multiple ROM boards to play them all even if you have all the EPROMs and PALs burned.

-Shinobi
-Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars (System 16A)
-Fantasy Zone (System 16A)
-Wonder Boy 3
-Action Fighter
-Sonic Boom
-Cotton
-Bay Route
-Aurail
-Wrestle War
-Golden Axe
-Altered Beast

I only said PGM because in my mind it would be easy for Darksoft to do rather quickly (but why I have that thought...I don't know)...but a CPS1 would be glorious (though I imagine it is a bit mired in issues due to the France unit), a System 16 would be boss, a Naomi/Atomiswave multi-cart would be brilliant as well (despite the fact there is already a sort of a solution).

But first I need my F3 to arrive! Or at least to ship. :)

Back