What's new
For Sale

fatherpain

Professional
Reaction score
E775C083-EA96-4F6E-B01A-32EAFFE4E8AC.jpeg

Hello,
I’ve listed (1) NOS original TAITO Egret 2 Illumination marquee panel on EBay if anyone is interested. Didn’t want to stress over selling too low or too high, so am auctioning it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196020268799?hash=item2da3b7eeff:g:N4oAAOSwy6JlIuo4&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA0FOSeuWuaOg4koR0NCBUpOuNiG8FFISEWF3WGosT3UZgLz258ns/Hxejv68a1VXrGzULk+OAgFLPr3D7cSItwor74JxsylToefWTMKy9nf26TIMQHRh3kzg1Py0i1HFUrwoLhjBVJQkpeDhA7xXyK+j17k7CIsNdk9FBQKcgqCu5K3IQdekijUnTCe+ZsfYsywrdlVIsnPjJEu5crSRWjLmzOUTfjQLWgSnZg9/hHJaqTEzsXXefG10zEd6sugSU9tA3OGiOGsXMsx0p97pMQdU=|tkp:Bk9SR-TwyqTiYg

5D35A061-1C1A-41E2-9ED5-323FB1314D7B.jpeg

Purchased this over 20 years ago direct from TAITO for a 3rd Egret 2, but I am down to (2) now, so it’s no longer needed.

C0EB0822-E528-4A3A-B9C6-C910F74176C7.jpeg
Original in very nice condition on left versus New Old Stock with correct non yellowed colors on right.

Thank you for looking.

WTF, $700 starting bid? Come on man. Didn't want to start it too high?
Please avoid price policing. OP already did his research.

$700 is about right for a NOS. djsheep evaluated it as ~700 euros in a price check in a thread OP made a year ago.
Another person mentioned that a NOS went for $1000 ending bid in a YAJ auction.

@XtraSmiley an expected response had I listed an outright sales price. (Which would have been more than the starting bid)

If it sells for $700, after eBay fees and shipping… that would leave me with around $600…

Which I believe is fair, for a rare sought after item with no recent comparable sales for a $5-6k machine.

If not mistaken, there was a NOS blank illumination (no graphics recently listed for $550, price dropped to $450 then was marked sold. Whether it sold for that amount, dunno.

Last edited:
Please avoid price policing. OP already did his research.

$700 is about right for a NOS. djsheep evaluated it as ~700 euros in a price check in a thread OP made a year ago.
Another person mentioned that a NOS went for $1000 ending bid in a YAJ auction.

MOD EDIT: Price Policing is not allowed.

At the end of the day, GLWS, I know of a few people looking for one and I'll point them your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
4078BE6A-0FBA-4A43-BBF9-72ACC34A1B4C.jpeg
@XtraSmiley,
Yes I did start it at $700. No one is forced to bid if don’t like what it’s listed for.

And yes, didn’t want to stress about selling something that doesn’t come up for sale often for too low an amount (if I could have gotten more for it) or asking for what I think it could fetch and catch some backlash and righteous indignation… (Which you have provided anyway, lol)

If that is viewed as “wishy washy” on my part, so be it. If I’m wrong on my starting bid it won’t sell.

4078BE6A-0FBA-4A43-BBF9-72ACC34A1B4C.jpeg
@XtraSmiley,
Yes I did start it at $700. No one is forced to bid if don’t like what it’s listed for.

And yes, didn’t want to stress about selling something that doesn’t come up for sale often for too low an amount (if I could have gotten more for it) or asking for what I think it could fetch and catch some backlash and righteous indignation… (Which you have provided anyway, lol)

If that is viewed as “wishy washy” on my part, so be it. If I’m wrong on my starting bid it won’t sell.
I'm not saying you're wrong about your starting bid. Again, I'm saying, you said, Oh I don't want to start it too HIGH, then rolled in with a starting bid of the highest price it's been recorded as selling. Come on dude, you know what you did here!

And, I'll have you know, all my indignation is sinful! I'm not even sure I know what righteous is!

2714A986-3216-4663-B3EB-5292600053B8.jpeg

884EFB13-32B4-4DAE-BBD2-A513714A15F3.jpeg

Here are some close up photos per request. The backside is completely smooth.

The front graphics have a small amount of texture, like what is found on the original marquee I have installed on my 2nd Egret 2.

GLWS.
Unrelated with the sale, I really like the score board on the wall. where did you get the material to build it?

GLWS.
Unrelated with the sale, I really like the score board on the wall. where did you get the material to build it?
Thank you. Wayfair has them in different sizes and the option for wood or aluminum frame. They also sell the plastic letters, but you will have to buy enough sets to have an adequate amount of high usage letters such as E’s etc.

It was also abit of a pain to file off the dingleberries left over when separating the letters from the set. It’s also abit tedious to make changes to the scoreboard as each letter needs to be removed then pressed back on…

But I was going for an old school look so it is what it is.

Thank you for the well wishes fellas. Auction ends Wednesday night.

For those that have inquired regarding international shipping, I believe it’s mentioned in the listing (yes) I will ship overseas at additional cost above the $30 flat rate, but I need to check what that extra cost might be.

Will visit the UPS store, USPS and /or FEDEX tonight or tomorrow to see what options there are to places like the UK, Australia, Japan then update the auction prior to the end and also post here.

For those that have inquired regarding international shipping, I believe it’s mentioned in the listing (yes) I will ship overseas at additional cost above the $30 flat rate, but I need to check what that extra cost might be.

Will visit the UPS store, USPS and /or FEDEX tonight or tomorrow to see what options there are to places like the UK, Australia, Japan then update the auction prior to the end and also post here.
You're better off, and so are the buyers, if you just turn on eBay's international shipping option and put in the dims and weight. Everyone will get a better price, and you'll have a no headache drop-off at the USPS with everything filled out on your behalf.

save yourself a trip and sign up for an account on Pirate Ship.

Convenience and the lowest prices you will get anywhere. Trust me, I ship a lot of shit.

save yourself a trip and sign up for an account on Pirate Ship.

Convenience and the lowest prices you will get anywhere. Trust me, I ship a lot of shit.
eBay gets the same bulk rate that PirateShip does. But yes, for anything not already on eBay, straight to Pirateship!

Back