What's new
For Sale
For anyone considering submitting a bid, I stopped by the UPS store today and wanted to clarify:

US shipping is $30usd via USPS

International shipping is $115usd via USPS - probably about 3 week timeframe

Or a whopping $250 via UPS - within a week. Can’t envision anyone opting for this option.

eBay will not allow me to revise to include this information.

A winning international bidder would have to pay $30usd on EBay, then submit the $85usd additional shipping cost direct to me via PayPal F&F or add 4%, Venmo or Zelle to cover the cost of addtional shipping…

Unless EBay allows the buyer to pay the full $115usd via their site

*** I’ve created a Pirate Ship account so will try to ship that way via UPS - International rates appear to range from about $60-75usd***

Last edited:
A868DCFD-5E36-4509-949E-95D294AA2DD9.jpeg

Panel will ship with the original cardboard strip…

As I received it direct from Taito 21+ years ago.

eBay will not allow me to revise to include this information.

1697669304456.png

If you set it to calculated, and then turn on International Shipping they will handle it all. You just print off their label to send to the domestic sort center, and drop it off. The seller pays the difference to eBay and you're taken out of the equation entirely.

@rewrite

you can't revise a listing's info (this includes shipping costs) once there are ongoing bids
Well that's foolish. At least it's a simple solution then. Cancel the bid, message the bidder, and edit the info.

Barely inconveniences the bidder, and you have it available for more folks to bid on (since not everyone who will see it on ebay will see this thread, etc).

E92FE1FE-644E-4BD6-B5C9-5F9A4BB0EC5C.png

Went ahead and created a Pirateship account. Holy cow what a price savings. Here is to the UK or the Netherlands via UPS vs the $250 I was quoted at the store… Japan just a few dollars more. Australia around $70usd w/tracking and $100 insurance via UPS versus the $250 I was quoted at the store.

Didn’t see an option to increase insurance but am sure it’s there for an additional cost

Last edited:
UPS vs the $250 I was quoted at the store
Oh. You can't go to a UPS store for a quote, you need to use their website and print it off at home.

UPS Stores are allowed to upcharge rates, and since they're all individually owned and operated or franchised or however it is, you can get WILDLY different quotes from stores 2 miles apart.

Worth noting that you also can't edit listings in the last 24 hours before they end... so most likely that's why you couldn't update the shipping options. Would also agree that using eBay Int'l Shipping is the easiest option for int'l buyers, just make sure you input the correct dimensions and weight of the package.

Looks like it sold for over 700, so much for the price being too high. Congrats!

E92FE1FE-644E-4BD6-B5C9-5F9A4BB0EC5C.png

Went ahead and created a Pirateship account. Holy cow what a price savings. Here is to the UK or the Netherlands via UPS vs the $250 I was quoted at the store… Japan just a few dollars more. Australia around $70usd w/tracking and $100 insurance via UPS versus the $250 I was quoted at the store.

Didn’t see an option to increase insurance but am sure it’s there for an additional cost

Click "Extra Services" at the bottom of the page for the label you are creating. Glad you found it to work well!

There may also be tax I’ll have to account for at the end of the year.

I guess we should start taking all of these things into account when making offers or setting prices.

"Well, I'll have to eat 25% income tax on this, so how about..."

I guess we should start taking all of these things into account when making offers or setting prices.

"Well, I'll have to eat 25% income tax on this, so how about..."
It's certainly affected how a whole slew of people choose to deal with payment methods.

Back