What's new

MegaShock-76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all. I got my second candy cab, it being a Blast City not to long ago. When I took off the monitor shroud, I noticed a braided wire caught on one of the shrouds clip, which rest on the cab. I got this cab mainly for shmups so I went ahead and tried to tate the monitor when I noticed that the braided wire was either cut or being held together by the clip. Is there any suggestions on how I can go about repairing this? Here is a pic of the braided wire I am talking about. I am still getting a nice picture. This maybe unrelated but now my GCFI cuts out when I turn on my cab. I plug it to another outlet and everything seems fine. This must be the culprit since it's a ground wire but not sure. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230330_110502.jpg
    20230330_110502.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 51
I think the braided wire you are referring to is the the dag wire. It is a ground that connects the frame to the tube (and usually the chassis too). You should get continuity on a multi meter if you put one probe on the braid and the other on the metal of the tube frame. If not, then you have a ground short.

Thanks for the response. I just tested and it does have continuity on each end. How would I go about repair it? Would it be the same as repairing a spliced wire?

is the GFCI on the other outlet too? GFCI outlets suck for any arcade game and will commonly trip when they feel like it. also they're moisture sensitive so.

No. There is no GCFI on the other outlet. It wasn't doing it before and doesn't trip with my other cabs being on, which is strange.

both ha. did you use a new power cable? gfci is moisture sensitive. they will also at random flake out on games. i personally dont recommend them.

Yea, I'm going to try a new three prong power cable. Yes, they are both grounded.

Took the monitor out to check the connection and all good. Reinforced it a bit tho. Also, while the monitor is out, took the speakers out to replace them. These things were really messed up. Lucky I bought some suitable replacements from Parts Express. Model # s on the box.

Attachments

• 20230330_200323.jpg
    20230330_200323.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 42
Back