What's new
I got them together. Here is the inside of the dongle. Seems pratically brand new
Hi! :)

it's a japanese version is a Best you have :thumbup:

I had a Soulcalibur III (SC31002-NA-A key, NA-B disk)

I asked to convert it to Soul Calibur III (SC31001-NA-A key, NA-B disc), I have the original Blue Disc and everything works with my Eye-Eye Calibur :D :thumbup:

Did you set the DVD player Jumper to CL (Cable Select) ?

Did you check your +5V?

I put +5.1V

I had the DVDs set to master and had them both at 5.08.

I changed to cable select and bumped the power up to 5.1. It's still showing green dots at start up and went to the black screen again unfortunately

you must configure your DVD player in cable select otherwise every other time it will go wrong

Are you in 246+ mode if you have a Namco System 256?

you must configure your DVD player in cable select otherwise every other time it will go wrong

Are you in 246+ mode if you have a Namco System 256?
Yeah its in 246+ mode.

By configure the DVD player you just mean the physical jumper on the back of the DVD drive right?

Yeah its in 246+ mode.

By configure the DVD player you just mean the physical jumper on the back of the DVD drive right?
Yes
0px-Install-a-CD-ROM-or-DVD-Drive-Step-8-Version-3.jpg

Is this a thing for all 246 / 256 hardware that the drives should be in CS instead of Master??
Seems odd compared to the industry standard I would assume the drive is Master unless maybe something is dynamically needing to take master owner ship when the system is booting or something???

I only mention this because im working on something with a 246 my self.

Made some progress! The disk version A got me to the title screen but it's still freezing.

My dots on start program are still green and I got this error as it boots up. I haven't run it though a translator yet. I ran out of time to work on it last night

Attachments

• 20240319_013730.jpg
    20240319_013730.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240319_014401.jpg
    20240319_014401.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 24
There is a coin battery on the motherboard - that is just telling you that it's dead. Replace it, and that error should go away. The fact that it's freezing is odd - your 5v line is up plenty at 5.1.

I can't imagine that is causing the game to freeze - but try that first.

What does your 12V show?

The DVD drive runs on 12V. If your 12V is low, you could see disc read errors.

Be careful with the cheap multimeter .

20 years ago when I started in the world of Arcade equipment I almost threw 3 CPS2 games in the trash :S, because of a multimeter coming from a DIY store X/

The 5 Volt with this cheap multimeter made me believe that I had a good +5V, when not.

The CPS2 had difficulty getting started.||

I threw away this multimeter I invested in an Original Fluke :thumbup:

Be careful with the cheap multimeter .

20 years ago when I started in the world of Arcade equipment I almost threw 3 CPS2 games in the trash :S, because of a multimeter coming from a DIY store X/

The 5 Volt with this cheap multimeter made me believe that I had a good +5V, when not.

The CPS2 had difficulty getting started.||

I threw away this multimeter I invested in an Original Fluke :thumbup:

Oh I have a fluke myself. I will check the 12v when I got home from work and I picked up a 2032 battery to replace the one on the motherboard.

Will update when I get back to the machine

Checking at the DVD drive.

Red wire 5.1v and orange 13.4 v

Freezing at the namco screen. Going to chamge the battery now

Some progress. I change the battery (still get the clock error) and tried a few different things. I switched the version b disk and got yellow dots! Then it booted into the game and froze.

Then I tried switched the DVD drive back to master and it loaded and I was able to press start but then froze.

So then I put the 5v up to 5.15 and switched the DVD back to cable select and got here. Where I was able to load the character select but would let me select anyone and it just stuck

View: https://youtu.be/8m6LyKnwUOU?si=u1Yp5b6w9jwRD9Vy

你这是因为IO控制板出现问题,或者按键映射错误,你进入服务模式测试下按键1234是否正常,因为每个游戏对应的按键会有变化,测试好然后再启动游戏
1710980906165.png

1710980923226.png

I confirmed my buttons and they are all working. I am still getting to character select and it will not progress into the game. The timer stops at zero and gets stuck. The music continues to play though

Attachments

• 20240320_220205.jpg
    20240320_220205.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 14
I can go back into the system test mode from that screen though so the game isn't totally frozen

Oh just tried training mode and it goes to black but music still plays. You can go back to the system test menu

I did get it to load a character model after a few times but it got stuck on loading game. It seems like a issue with the DVD drive or DVD itself. I'll try burning a different disk at x1 to see if that helps.

Back