What's new

SBZack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I am building a soul calibur 3 and came across a SC3 dongle SC31001-NA-A and happened across a disk but it appears to be version B (SC31001-NA-DVD0-B). The game boots into the dont use this out of japan screen but then it just goes to a black screen after that. Ive tried a few different DVD's and also tried it in my currently working Tekken 5 DR cab but it does the same thing.

Could this happen do to different versions? Figured id ask before sending the dongle off to get reflashed or try to find a different disk.

Thanks

Soul Calibur III is a 246 game. Did you swap the jumper? Although, IIRC, it should complain about the wrong setting.

Try burning a disc for T5DR. See if you can get that working.

Yes I switched the jumper and I did get tekken 5 Dr working on the new soul calibur computer. I swapped both the disk and the dongle though.

And yes it did give me the promt saying there wad a system 256 error before I switched the jumper

Soul Calibur 3 (and 2) work on both the 246 and the 256 (with the correct 246 jumper).

Probably the security dongle.

this is what I have from the multi - as to what dongle goes with which DVD

Soul Calibur III (SC31001-NA-A key, NA-B disc)soulclb3-sc31001-na-a.binsoulclb3sc31001-na-dvd0-bDVD
Soul Calibur III (SC31002-NA-A key, NA-A disc)soulclb3-sc31001-na-a.binsoulclb3sc31001-na-dvd0-aDVD
Soul Calibur III (SC31002-NA-A key, NA-B disc)soulclb3a-sc31002-na-a.binsoulclb3sc31001-na-dvd0-bDVD

it looks like your dongle should work with either the B disk or the A disk.

Oh thanks for the info. I guess I'll try cleaning the dongle if that doesn't work I'll try to send it off

Yes I switched the jumper and I did get tekken 5 Dr working on the new soul calibur computer. I swapped both the disk and the dongle though.

No, I suggested you try burning a disc for Tekken 5. That way you know you're able to burn working discs.

No, I suggested you try burning a disc for Tekken 5. That way you know you're able to burn working discs.
Oh yeah I've been burning disks for a long time. The disk I have for sc3 is an original disk and it looks good.

I guess it could be a bad disk though.. I need to locate a digital back up and I'll try to burn a new disk.

Ahh, the Soul Calibur disc is a pressed one. Nevermind. Probably something wrong with the dongle then.

I got them together. Here is the inside of the dongle. Seems pratically brand new

Attachments

• 1000004338.jpg
    1000004338.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1000004339.jpg
    1000004339.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 29
So - here is the weird part (for me) - I am pretty sure that initial program load/screen and all IS from the dongle. After that is when it hits the dvd drive.

You are using the same dvd drive that works with Tekken 5DR?

And I am pretty sure if it didn't see the dvd drive - the dots would be yellow, not green at the beginning.

Yeah I tried on both computers and on both tekken 5 dr worked. So the DVD drives worked for tekken 5

Or DVD disc is very bad condition and drive is not able to read it or the DVD disc is not compatible with the dongle which is possible, I had the same problem with Tekken 5

Or DVD disc is very bad condition and drive is not able to read it or the DVD disc is not compatible with the dongle which is possible, I had the same problem with Tekken 5
I assume the second option by the fact that it goes after the green dots which should be yellow if DVD disc would be compatible

If you are able to contact guy who you got it from, ask him was the dongle converted from English to Japan language

Last edited:
Back