What's new
Im sure u can play teki paki with a joystick? Ive always done. Does teki paki make use of it?

@hursit do you want it for personal reasons, or for a repro....!!!!

I have the same kit, I would be happy to send to you for a repro, but I really doubt the community would want to pay for this game (even though it seems cool).

But, with it eventually getting to MiSTer, maybe there will be more demand?
i just wanted to repro this :D
it is different than regular spinners

20230810_233915.jpg

20230810_233931.jpg

@hursit do you want it for personal reasons, or for a repro....!!!!

I have the same kit, I would be happy to send to you for a repro, but I really doubt the community would want to pay for this game (even though it seems cool).
People are willing to fork out for several hundred for Gunbaraich. Ghox is easily on par if not better than Gunbaraich. I have them both. But then again people have only recently realised that Flying Shark wasn't made by Taito; the same people that also never heard of either Ghox or Gunbaraich it seems.

So, you may be correct in that demand on them wouldn't be as much as Forgotten worlds per say but I'm sure Hursit would agree, the engineering that has gone into this Ghox spinner is far more superior and demands respect.

People are willing to fork out for several hundred for Gunbaraich. Ghox is easily on par if not better than Gunbaraich. I have them both. But then again people have only recently realised that Flying Shark wasn't made by Taito; the same people that also never heard of either Ghox or Gunbaraich it seems.

So, you may be correct in that demand on them wouldn't be as much as Forgotten worlds per say but I'm sure Hursit would agree, the engineering that has gone into this Ghox spinner is far more superior and demands respect.
Thanks for the pics, it was for @euphoria who I believed asked me awhile ago, but I'm still looking for mine. I have Ghox but not NOS like yours, very nice!

I did just find an inexpensive Gunbaraich, so I'm looking forward to it. Could it be modified somehow to use the Ghox spinners?

@hursit do you need a Ghox spinner? if so, let me know.

I did just find an inexpensive Gunbaraich, so I'm looking forward to it. Could it be modified somehow to use the Ghox spinners?
you could potentially use the Brizzo spinner adapter. the tilt function just maps to joystick up and down.

They come hand in hand (Teki Paki/Ghox). I want to make an adapter for the Ghox spinner with an rp2040.
hi : my man

Should this come to fruition i would buy a set, perhaps more.
Unless you could provide some modifications to use the existing spinners bought with a modification to kit these up as. @hursit .
Keep me posted, would love for this to occur. Or at some point i may modify my spares to attempt a tilt version. Good luck men!!!!

regards
euphoria
🙃

I need it. Dear god someone make a repro or loan me the controls for it so I can finish Ghox and Teki Paki off.

Edit: Want to do the same thing I did with LS-30's for Ikari III / Search and Rescue
hi : sir

While you are on the subject. I did but a few loop 24 nos joysticks from happ, i believe.
So if you need anything on loop 24 perhaps i can assist with these. Subject to testing them. But this is another matter entirely.
Again @XtraSmiley for trying to find your ghox stuff. Take care sir. Magic & 🦄

kind regards
euphoria
🙃

Making the forgotten worlds a few cm shorter has been ignored already let alone an impossibly difficult modification to a Ghox Addon converter.

One thing that would impress me more is modifying the ghox spinner design with either 8 way controls or push down button. (More practical than modying a forgotten worlds spinner with up down). This would be the answer to all spinner combo controls. Highly unlikely anyone would do such a thing but one can always dream.

im agree with you
this spinner is more complicated and has more complex design. It is a new and funny challenge for me :P
@hursit do you need a Ghox spinner? if so, let me know.

you could potentially use the Brizzo spinner adapter. the tilt function just maps to joystick up and down.

thanks you.
and yeah i really want to check this spinner in my hands first :)

Wow, if dreams can come true, I think @hursit is the one to do it!

An all in one spinner that does it all AND incorporates the ability (like Brizzo's PCB) to adapt games that weren't programed for a spinner? YES PLEASE!

Also a shout out and thanks to @Monstermug for the great pictures. He did it way better than me, even if I did find my spinners!

One thing that would impress me more is modifying the ghox spinner design with either 8 way controls or push down button. (More practical than modying a forgotten worlds spinner with up down). This would be the answer to all spinner combo controls.
I disagree on all 3 counts.

To me if I'm buying a repro I want it to be 1:1 with the original, as soon as you start taking on functions to make it more versitile for quantity of games supported over quality of the gameplay experience it's like those MAME control panels that are unplayable because you've got way too many buttons and knobs where they aren't supposed to be.

I also disagree that it'd be "more practical" the Ghox spinner is more complex than the Capcom spinner and there isn't room for additional mechanical function nevermind the fact that adding tilt in 2 axis plus push would dramatically change how you use and hold the thing to keep from accidentally pushing the wrong direction. If you want all that crap in a single unit then just buy one of those 3rd party push-pull spinners and mount it in a joystick base.

if this is anything more than a reproduction then count me out.

i just wanted to repro this :D
it is different than regular spinners

hi :)
making a repro of a "normal" spinner ( taito one) can be a good things too, beacause today it's hard to found one in good shape and not at a terrible price :(

i miss the repro of your forgotten spin... I hope not to miss the next ones ;)

Back