What's new
We had a fireball glitch we hasn't seen before and Mikado hasn't reported yet. Once Mikado gets the build we used here we will know if it was software or hardware. We are in beta so it's not totally unexpected to find these things.

awesome! Watching now.

Last edited:
Just got to that part. There's a weird little de-sync after a fireball collision and then yeah, strange behavior abounds.

would be cool if you don't have to move around to another cab after each game. Can players stay where they at and the game will match those two players together so they dont have to move around?

Well, that's how the original works and this is following the original 100%
That’s one of the things that makes this setup so special 🤩

Also , 2 players fighting on the same cabinet assures “no lag” .

And being 2 rounds win battle , makes more confortable than the original 1 Round win

97697-E02-3-E00-4-B5-E-9155-B1-A9162-C2842.jpg

9-F9612-E5-3-C65-4-ADF-B36-F-1-BA10063-D94-C.jpg

8689-ACC4-3-F21-4-A21-B67-B-774-BECE3-B5-A6.jpg

110-A1-A43-F3-EA-45-D9-9-D40-78-C44-E95-DE1-B.jpg

Players staying still can't work with this hardware. Each pcb can only output one match (2-players) so matching players and letting them stay in place can't work unless you split screen. Even then the pcb would need to be powerful enough to run two different matches while also running more robust net code. Obviously this is impossible.

Players staying still can't work with this hardware. Each pcb can only output one match (2-players) so matching players and letting them stay in place can't work unless you split screen. Even then the pcb would need to be powerful enough to run two different matches while also running more robust net code. Obviously this is impossible.
I do hope someone crazy enough to do this on Misterfpga.

Someone would need to do it completely from scratch on PC to do that. The entire network code would need to be changed to modern protocols and the game code would need to be changed a ton.

Remember, this was developed pre-internet. The communication is rudimentary.

Last edited:
I would like to try to get this set up for CAX end of July. I might not have enough time to coordinate it though. I asked my friend bigtime for help since he has more kits than me. I have the 4 repro comm boards. We have plenty of cabs between us...

I would like to try to get this set up for CAX end of July. I might not have enough time to coordinate it though. I asked my friend bigtime for help since he has more kits than me. I have the 4 repro comm boards. We have plenty of cabs between us...
I'd be down to help Steven assuming you're sauseege I think we've met. I also have 4 cps2 boards to help with and can bring a candy or two IF needed. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I'm looking to make a set up for home as well so been getting pieces here and there and waiting on comm boards from Mitsurugi once they're ready.

Back