What's new
I'll just be satisfied with getting the missing artwork. It looks pretty naked without the side art and marquee.
Thanks Vinsanity. I hope one day to find the pneumatic control pods. Don’t think I’ll ever find the cabinet but would be happy to build one from scratch if necessary.
Thanks so much! And, the art is in progress.
excellent news. Maybe one day my cabinet will reach greatness like yours when i find the board and missing pieces.

Got a chance to check my board, figured I didn’t have original roms either but it was worth a look. Got to get those roms burnt so I have them hopefully for a future day when I can use them. ED4E8145-25BB-4437-B284-1CE9148E9E15.jpeg

Cool—looking forward to the results once the ROMs are ready!

So, I've finally finished writing up my SF1 Pneumatic Cabinet restore. Here's the link if you're interested:

STREET FIGHTER ONE - Resurrecting the SF1 Deluxe Pneumatic Arcade Cabinet

In the end, the problem was not all that complex, but I thought it was interesting. This is not a quick read. And this is not really a tutorial (although it has enough information to be one). But more of a reflection on the history and development of Street Fighter, and also on my personal experience with the franchise.

A big part of preservation is sharing information. My hope is that the information I shared can be a resource to help appreciate SF1 a bit more, and maybe resurrect a few more of these pneumatic beasts.

Thank you all, and let me know what you think! Now, let's see those resurrected cabs!
Dude! Vinsanity! We gotta talk, man! Can you DM me your phone number, please?

So, I've finally finished writing up my SF1 Pneumatic Cabinet restore. Here's the link if you're interested:

STREET FIGHTER ONE - Resurrecting the SF1 Deluxe Pneumatic Arcade Cabinet

In the end, the problem was not all that complex, but I thought it was interesting. This is not a quick read. And this is not really a tutorial (although it has enough information to be one). But more of a reflection on the history and development of Street Fighter, and also on my personal experience with the franchise.

A big part of preservation is sharing information. My hope is that the information I shared can be a resource to help appreciate SF1 a bit more, and maybe resurrect a few more of these pneumatic beasts.

Thank you all, and let me know what you think! Now, let's see those resurrected cabs!
Hi Vinsanity, I collected an old cabinet yesterday that needs a bit of work, and it also has the pneumatic 3 layered Capcom Street Fighter 1 gameboard. The cabinet it came with is a 6 button LIA that is Australian manufactured, it seems these can also play with the 6 buttons, can you confirm this at all? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1FAA2E2D-3495-4CCD-BCEF-83D5C16F7553.jpeg
    1FAA2E2D-3495-4CCD-BCEF-83D5C16F7553.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 3C172D07-4541-4948-9BF4-E17504E87FAE.jpeg
    3C172D07-4541-4948-9BF4-E17504E87FAE.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 98
  • B8B2581A-3E97-455B-9030-132D64B10238.jpeg
    B8B2581A-3E97-455B-9030-132D64B10238.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 104
Hi Vinsanity, I collected an old cabinet yesterday that needs a bit of work, and it also has the pneumatic 3 layered Capcom Street Fighter 1 gameboard. The cabinet it came with is a 6 button LIA that is Australian manufactured, it seems these can also play with the 6 buttons, can you confirm this at all? Thanks.
Cool! From what I can see, yes, that version should be able to play both the pneumatic and 6-button version of the game.

Most likely because of player injuries and the pneumatic buttons breaking.
My local/downtown arcade had one, but as you said it was always broken.
When you watched people playing it was easy to see why...

*teen runs up to the control panel and axe kicks the button*
Dramatic recreation in GIF form
Axe_kick.gif

Something like that, without jumping first. :unsure:

Cool! From what I can see, yes, that version should be able to play both the pneumatic and 6-button version of the game.
Great, thanks for the feedback, probably needing a new chassis and neck board, not sure what state the game board is in, apparently these are rare as hens teeth? Any idea what the game board is worth nowadays? I got the lot for $350 AUD.

You could probably get $300-350 AUD for the board alone.

You could probably get $300-350 AUD for the board alone.
The game is horrible to actually play, but given the rise in PCB prices these past few years I dare say 350$ is lowball.
Might as well keep it for that price.

I was able to test the pneumatic buttons on these boards by blowing through a straw.

Old school technology.

Are you sure you can play also with normal buttons in the penumatic board?

Back