What's new

socalcade

Professional
Reaction score
My PLA, which I store in bins with tons of dessicant packages, has started breaking like crazy as it's gotten colder. I finally caved and bought the Sunlu S2 dryer / dehumidifier, and my printer has been executing basically flawlessly in the time since. I did print https://www.printables.com/model/219366-sunlu-filadryer-s2-improvement-wedge which does help the dryer get rid of humidity faster.

Really kicking myself for not getting one sooner!

The high cost (Usually $50-70) and lack of venting makes a lot of these single roll dryers fairly tough sells.

So far, I think Eibos came the closest in terms of making a good filament dryer, but it still has a fair share of it's own issues in my experience. The heat-up time is pretty slow, the cost is still pretty high for what it is (~$50), and the fitment of the molded plastic has been inconsistent. Some of my Eibos dryers fit together just fine, but I had one where the door fit so tight that I broke the latch string/handle just trying to open it. Since the locking mechanism was spring loaded, I had to struggle with a flat head screwdriver to wrench to door open afterwards.

@socalcade Good info. Thank you.

I’ve been debating getting a filament dryer and now I think I will.

I picked up a Sunlu S2 and I'm quite satisfied with it. Threw a desiccant holder inside and it just keeps everything dry, and dryer when I need it.

Back