What's new

extant

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a sunset riders that just keeps blinking on the screen without showing anything. Like it was always rebooting. any idea?

the roms seems that someone previously did something since the stickers are clearly not original, any change that they just need to be reprogrammed ?

sunsetriders.jpg

If you have a EPROM burner, you could try dumping the ROMS, comparing against MAME and reburning them if needed?

Have you tried flexing the board a little or pressing down on chips to see or anything is loose and it’s boots?

What are your voltages like?

If you have a EPROM burner, you could try dumping the ROMS, comparing against MAME and reburning them if needed?

Have you tried flexing the board a little or pressing down on chips to see or anything is loose and it’s boots?

What are your voltages like?
Hi,

no I dont have a EPROM burner, but if needed I will get one :). Should I dump those 4 roms with the stickers?

I have tried to press down on chips, nothing loose.

My voltage is 5.2

On jammaarcade.net are few repaired posts related on this game ... my Sunset was repairded twice and only from now on i can tell i have a Sunset Riders without problems ... the fujitsu logic chips & custom chips are the biggest problems on these boards. If you didnt did it before , you can also try to power the pcb when you keep the test button from pcb pushed and after 5-10 seconds , release that button

As djsheep says get voltage down to 5-5.1V (measured at the JAMMA board). After checking removable EPROMS I'd try soldering JP jumper and see how it goes. This may give some clues on what's going on.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, I will start by the voltage.

The repair logs as log of good information I will use it as baseline, but some of the repairs too advanced for me. Do you know anyone who could repair it?

Thanks Guys, I will start by the voltage.

The repair logs as log of good information I will use it as baseline, but some of the repairs too advanced for me. Do you know anyone who could repair it?
Mine was repaired by @Hammy . If you feel confortable to see if deserve to do the effort to send it to UK, talk with him and see if he can sort you out ! Cheers :happy:

Back