What's new
Then we have the problem on the gameboard at the moment, because pin 7 should be HIGH and PIN 10 LOW, hmmm

:( I tested with the game running rather than the AirDrive test mode, would that make a difference?

In test mode. 7 is high, 9 is low. Or maybe Igot it wrong. Perhaps drinking wasn't a good idea!!

It switches when in test mode or game attract mode!! In test mode it is as you expected.

sometimes beer is a good friend^^
Now in test mode
So if pin 7 is HIGH and pin 10 is LOW, then pin 2 should be LOW and pin 16 LOW on PC3.

Maybe it's better to continue another time...
Without changing anything, you should create 4 tables of signals 1-8 in one go.
One table each for IN and OUT on the game board and IN and OUT on the drive board for all 10 test modes

Ok. Out of interest what do you get on pin 3 of PC3? To me that seems to be the issue?

And would shorting pin 2 to 3 make pin 3 mimic the state of pin 2? I'm trying to understand why shorting those pins makes everything work as it should! Are those pins joined on your board?

Pin 1-3-5-7 are each connected to +5V via a 470 resistor array and also via a diode to the signal from the gameboard. You cannot use the logic tester to carry out any useful measurements on these pins. The potential at these pins changes depending on the HIGH LOW state of the signals from the gameboard.

if you connect pin 2 and 3, You manually put the signal statically to LOW. that's why it works at the moment.
In this case, the gameboard can no longer control signal 8 on the driveboard.
With wrong connections you can also destroy something on the board, please be careful.

Ok. I'll redo all of the tables with no interuptions! What do you get on pin 3 in test mode?

Unfortunately I can't measure on my board at the moment, I'm still in the middle of work.
As soon as I have everything connected I can possibly make the same measurements as you.

Such a repair with remote diagnosis is not easy, I try my best...

Also, would it be worth checking the voltage on pin 3? Can we not just redo all of the tests for signal 8 as that seems to be the problem? So input/output on the gameboard IC and input/output on the driver board PC?

Unfortunately I can't measure on my board at the moment, I'm still in the middle of work.
As soon as I have everything connected I can possibly make the same measurements as you.

Such a repair with remote diagnosis is not easy, I try my best...
No problem! I thought you were in front of your board!! Maybe better to wait and see what you find too?

This might take a while...

What you should know, pin 3 belongs to signal 7.
At the moment, however, signal 8 is the problem.

So that I can understand from this distance where we could find the error, I need the exact information from the 8 signals at all important points.

Ok. I'll sort the tables tomorrow with luck. Really appreciate your help! Take care.

Back