What's new
At least your customs are showing good! I'm back onto my game at last, I need to find a hard rubber bush, 40mm diameter x 15mm with a 12mm hole, any ideas? eBay has been fruitless as have my searches so far.....

20230525_135300.jpg

Managed to get the bush, recapped the original Sega PSU and it now outputs a perfect 5V. Game is back together but would now like to look at tidying it up, any idea where I could get the rubber matting that covers the floor of the machine?

20230604_103415.jpg
20230604_183312.jpg

Good spot this, it looks exactly like the rubber matting on my Thunder Blade dlx.

Reactions: xga
Received abd Replaced 3 chips and … no change
Need to figure how to test these chips :(

Attachments

• IMG_6919.jpeg
    IMG_6919.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 47
Just out of curiosity, are the CS1, CS2, OE and WE signals at IC61, IC22 and IC23 all working correctly ?

I think the next thing I'd be doing is to start poking around the logic ICs attached to those chips with a logic probe

I've had audio interference on the NF output from the mainboard ever since I got the board up and running.
When I touch the film capacitor with my finger, the interference changes or disappears completely.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be ?

video

tn_SB_13.jpg

tn_SB_14.jpg

.... It's like a birthday and Christmas at the same time.
After 14 months of almost daily searching, I have finally found the special soundboard for my project.

I'm really happy right now :thumbsup:

tn_SB_01.jpg
:thumbsup:
WOW!! You found one!! Really happy for you as I've never seen one for sale, where did you find it?! I still haven't got back on mine, will really try this weekend! I need to take the steering gear off & check it, re-cap the monitor & fix an air leak in the compressor pipework!

WOW!! You found one!! Really happy for you as I've never seen one for sale, where did you find it?! I still haven't got back on mine, will really try this weekend! I need to take the steering gear off & check it, re-cap the monitor & fix an air leak in the compressor pipework!

Thank you !
Yes, by chance I found someone in France who had such a soundboard for sale. :)

You still have a lot to do with your machine.
I still think it's really cool that you have such an original deluxe cabinet at home. :thumbup:
In the meantime, good luck !

Does it work? If not and you need any help/ checks doing just shout! I will finish mine!!!

Thanks!
Did not emit any sound during the first test. I then replaced all the sockets, cleaned the pins and checked the eprom content.
Then, at least with every sound test, there was a crackling sound from the speakers. That's good, because it means the soundboard reacts to the commands from the mainboard.
Then I checked the DAC and all the address and data lines.
Finally, two S-RAMs were defective and now the soundboard works perfectly.:thumbsup:

I just have to find and repair the permanent sound interference on the mainboard, then I can continue with the mechanical things...

Excellent! I think mine failed with SRAM too, years ago so can't remember. If I can help on the interference let me know what pins to check. I guess maybe a bad ground trace?

Back