What's new

KinG_SoPa

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello,

so i got a 512GB SD card for my switch and i format is to Fat32 but any file above 4gb is “file to large” i use mini tool partition program on windows.

is there a way to fix this issue with out formatting it to NSFC?

Any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• 0CC68455-02D5-4E3C-85EC-2B10623430C6.jpeg
    0CC68455-02D5-4E3C-85EC-2B10623430C6.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 67
Format it to exFat. I use that with no issues. Some people say it’s prone to corruption. But I’m yet to see it after 2 years of use.

Format it to exFat. I use that with no issues. Some people say it’s prone to corruption. But I’m yet to see it after 2 years of use.
Interesting good to know, question is your switch running atmosphere and gold leaf ect.. ect..?

Whenever you need to copy/install a NSP larger than 4GB, yes as @Derick2k said you must first split it up.
Do NOT resort to trash like ExFAT!

1) PC: Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to format the SD cart FAT32.
2) PC: NSPsplitty.exe (Google it) to split the NSP file into smaller hunks...
3) PC: Copy the (entire) resulting directory (will match the NSP file used) to the SD card for installation.
4) Switch: Install the NSP with Goldleaf homebrew software.

Remember... The above assumes you have a system Firmware compatible version of Atmosphere/Fusee AND current/compatible sigpatches installed with keys generated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting good to know, question is your switch running atmosphere and gold leaf ect.. ect..?
I’m on SX OS. Never had an issue with exFAT. Just drag and drop, but YMMV.

Thank you guys for your help!.

i will try all these suggestions tomorrow when i get back home and get back to ya :)

I also use exfat fwiw. Supposedly more corruption with homebrew apps but sxos is fine.

Try it out, see what works for you. I have used sxos in the past and has worked fine with exfat, but I did get corruption after a year or so and had to redo the card no biggie, I keep backups so all good.

Back