What's new
Got locked out of mine too and just had to reverify email. No biggie.

I just disabled the automatic bounce handler anasdfd reset the user states for users effected in the past 24 hours.
I just got hit by something similar. My email is a .mac domain, and apparently AP can no longer reach it for some reason and disabled my account. After 24 hours of no resolution I just switched my account over to my work email so I could restore it.

I don't understand why the forum is disabling active accounts in the first place honestly, seems like a weird way to work, but it's hard when you're suddenly shut out and have no way to even reach anyone to ask for help since all your posting privileges are stripped.

I'd like to just use my normal personal email, but repeated attempts to resend the verification all failed.

Yeah, there are currently only two email hosting providers we have issues with right now and trying to get it resolved. The company that implements the filtering for Apple domains, ie; icloud.com, me.com, mac.com has our outbound email ip blocked as we don't own the entire class C block of ip addresses. Been waiting over a week for a reply to the last update on my open support ticket with them. The strange part is proofpoint keeps blocking, then unblocking and hasnt explained why thats happening.

Anyhow, we will most likely switch to using a hosted send mail provider in the near future as it is the best solution for having a gold standard email sending reputation. (ie; Amazon SES)

One thing I noticed with the new software (perhaps it was reported before? Haven’t checked the forum that often the last few weeks).
But if I have like 20 unread topics or so and I check them from the notification bell thingy and I have read all the top ones, the list does not ‘auto sort’.
So for the last few (older) threads I still get the number shown at the bell but to go to/find which topics I have to open the list with ‘show all’ and manually scroll down till I see a title in a different color.

tested on mobile btw, not on desktop

Yeah, there are currently only two email hosting providers we have issues with right now and trying to get it resolved. The company that implements the filtering for Apple domains, ie; icloud.com, me.com, mac.com has our outbound email ip blocked as we don't own the entire class C block of ip addresses. Been waiting over a week for a reply to the last update on my open support ticket with them. The strange part is proofpoint keeps blocking, then unblocking and hasnt explained why thats happening.
Gotcha, I'll just chill with my work email until that's hopefully resolved. Appreciate explanation.

I'm confused though, why is XenForo retroactively unverifying accounts? I've never seen that before. We're starting to gear up for our transition to using it at Ars, wondering if this something I need to look out for.

I'm confused though, why is XenForo retroactively unverifying accounts? I've never seen that before. We're starting to gear up for our transition to using it at Ars, wondering if this something I need to look out for.
Not counting the problem with gmail reporting inboxes don't exist anymore, we've only had 2 accounts transitioned to "email invalid" state. It is perhaps over reaching that it disabled your ability to post, but permissions for users in this state are not configurable. But it does force a user to update their email if it is not reachable. The concept behind a send mail server getting a bounce reply is to stop sending any more emails to the address bouncing, so that is what Xenforo does which in turn disables the account until a new email address is attached to the user.

But if I have like 20 unread topics or so and I check them from the notification bell thingy and I have read all the top ones, the list does not ‘auto sort’.

I marked an older notification as unread, and it was auto sorted to the top of the alert menu on mobile?

unread.PNG

was able to replicate it again, this time not on mobile but on my desktop.
Had about 24 unread notifications and I clicked through them in random order.
At some point had 7 notifications left and only the top 2 are still unread ones, to find the rest I have to 'show all' and scroll down

Attachments

• forum bug.jpg
    forum bug.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 134
  • forum bug2.jpg
    forum bug2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 126
Also if I new reload the forum on my mobile I see exactly the same, 7 new notifications and only the 2 top ones are unread

Attachments

• AD7F6401-E503-43DC-893D-805F71887238.png
    AD7F6401-E503-43DC-893D-805F71887238.png
    402.7 KB · Views: 124
How about now? The xenforo addon we are using for notifications had bug fix update a couple days ago, one of the line items was "Force unread alerts to be preferred when fetching alerts in the alerts pop-up". I just installed it now!

The new forum software is looking really good - thanks for the update!

Sorry if this has been brought up before and I've missed it.

1611145538222.png

When I visit arcade-projects.com on a new day I'll get this the first time I click on the messages icon in the top right corner. I can just refresh the page again, and it works fine - so it's not a big issue for me (and I don't expect it to be fixed quickly, or at all for that matter) but I thought I'd point it out.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ss-back-refresh-the-page-and-try-again.25839/

It looks like other people have had the same problem for a variety of different issues.

I am using Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This has happened on both my Mac OS machine and my Ubuntu machine.

its possible that some issues with the forum are actually related to peoples web browsers.
you can try (in chrome and brave at least) to run a Incognito window. Then browse to and login to apforums and see if you have the same problem.

CTRL-SHIFT-N will open a new incognito window
apple people no idea what to press or how you even use those things ^^

Back