What's new
@evilsim Thanks for the tip!

I agree with you and am confident it's a problem to do with the browser caching the session variables the website uses to authenticate me, but this doesn't happen on other websites and so it's in my opinion a problem with the xenforo software and how it handles session cookies / variables and not my browser.

You are correct that an incognito doesn't have the problem, as I've just fresh logged into the site and all my session cookies are up to date.

The issue only appears when I've not visited the arcade-project website for a few days, and my session cookies obviously run out in some way and aren't refreshed until after that warning message comes up.

I'll log out, clear cookies and log back into arcade projects in a normal window and see if it does it again in a few days.

It would be Cmd + Shift + N on a Mac from memory :)

Searching the message on Xenforo support forums shows it is not a common problem. At one point in time there was a bug in the system this message is part of, but that was several years ago. Looking at the source code to better understand this message occurs when cookie data is incomplete, specifically when the csrf token is wrong. I'm inclined to think that perhaps a browser addon or similar mechanism is mistaking it for being some component of a tracking cookie?

How do you edit PMs? Cant' find an EDIT button (I can only edit the discussion title).
Seems they can't be edited if read.

As an update, I cleared all my cookies/history/data for arcade-projects.com and it's not been a problem since. I wounder if an old cookie from the older forum software was conflicting with something.

Thanks for everyones help!

Could you confirm conversations are deleted once all participants leave? This is how XenForo supposedly works by default, but I don't know if this is configurable.

The 15 minutes edit time makes difficult to delete payment / shipment information after transactions.

Impeding the edition and deletion is always a good thing to have when you deal with scammers....
I believe there's a law in Europe (at least) stating all messages, being edited or deleted, even if not visible anymore, have to be archived/traced. So moderators should still have access to them and could help you in case of a dispute.

I found something weird, the "system" isn't able to find user Goemon59 if I want to start a new conversation of tag him using the @ sign.
I mean it doesn't appear in the suggestions/drop-down list.

If I fully type the username (@Goemon59) it works.

Does the user auto complete limit the list to only people of certain statuses? I notice that Goemon559 only has 3 posts and is a "new user". perhaps the forum blocks new users from the autocomplete list to keep it from getting too large.

I would guess that this is the case. Until a user is fully enabled, you can't interact with him, but I prefer if @brizzo clarifies that for us.

Hi, I've been trying to find out why I don't have access to the like button? It only shows the Quote and Reply buttons on the bottom right of comments, but no like button. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I've been trying to find out why I don't have access to the like button? It only shows the Quote and Reply buttons on the bottom right of comments, but no like button. Any help would be appreciated.
Because you don't meet the minimum requirements (ie; post count)

Back