What's new

hyp36rmax

Champion
Reaction score
Just got an RGC MiniDin to SCART for my HAS Supergun 4.1. Connected directly to a RetroTINK5X and it's amazingly easy to get up and running. Plug and Play forreal!

TAITO F3
RAYFORCE | GUN LOCK | LAYER SECTION

GEKIRINDAN

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5619.jpg

Does it display the entire screen area? It appears a portion is cutoff on the bottom.

Thanks. I was on the fence with this but I miss playing Batsugun and don't want to rotate the cab.

Thanks. I was on the fence with this but I miss playing Batsugun and don't want to rotate the cab.

Keep in mind I rotated my monitor for this. I also needed to rotate OBS capture screen to properly show TATE mode.

I'm using a rotated vga crt. Issue is that some toaplan games won't display correctly due to off spec sync pulses.

I'm using a rotated vga crt. Issue is that some toaplan games won't display correctly due to off spec sync pulses.

Yea totally understand this. Some arcade boards don't play nice with R5X, sometimes require cycling through the H.Samples and LPF to get a solid signal. TAITOF3 just works thankfully.

What firmware and settings are you running?

I'm on the latest firmware and whatever I've done with the settings, I can't get my picture to stabilize on the 5x.

What firmware and settings are you running?

I'm on the latest firmware and whatever I've done with the settings, I can't get my picture to stabilize on the 5x.
Is this worth ditching the OSSC for? I was on the fence before, but I might bite this round.

HAS Specification
  • CSync buffer
  • CSync regeneration (fixes video issues in the Taito F3 connected via the XRGB Mini)
Would the same result be achievable with an Extron RGB interface?

Here’s a quick shot of Darius with latest V1.67 Firmware. Video cap shortly

@opt2not what other titles did you find problematic?
  • SCART RGB
  • 1080P (Fill)
  • Generic 4:3
  • Sharp
  • Triple Buffer
  • Motion Adaptive
  • 4-Line Comb Filter
  • RGB Full
  • SDTV LPF: Medium

E029697D-47B3-4681-8E2D-B7F0E7BAE980.jpeg

Is this worth ditching the OSSC for? I was on the fence before, but I might bite this round.

For it's simplicity hell yea! it's not perfect for the odd syncing Arcade PCB's yet. Usual suspects such as Taito F3 seems to be good. Mortal Kombat doesn't sync at all haha. I've noticed Resolution, LPF, and H.Sampling can affect your results.

I bought another R5X for my Vewlix to pair up with @Invzm's Jammafier. Now let's hope the Vewlix C stock screen is up for the task haha.

I plan on eventually upgrading to the RetroTink5 but I also got a super stable image from the Taito F3 using the modded GBS-8200. I have it going through a DVI to HDMI adaptor and my Elgato HD-60S is capturing with no issues.
226906913_10159594922824736_975829327674038272_n.jpg

Here’s a quick shot of Darius with latest V1.67 Firmware. Video cap shortly

@opt2not what other titles did you find problematic?
  • SCART RGB
  • 1080P (Fill)
  • Generic 4:3
  • Sharp
  • Triple Buffer
  • Motion Adaptive
  • 4-Line Comb Filter
  • RGB Full
  • SDTV LPF: Medium
This doesn’t make sense.
im on the same settings, using the HAS and this is what Darius looks like for me:
E42B506E-A562-4CA3-8D13-E0605214252E.jpeg

Back