What's new
Lol! No. Missus guards all of the sharp objects in the house... Ready for when I am the target!
Pssh....mine says...sure...here...take the razor blades, and the butterfly knife...I took out an extra hundred thousand in insurance this week....momma needs a new set of shoes.

:D J/K

Wahh? Did you guys make a new batch? Or are the 32 a part of the original 100 units?

It's a rather obscure system and the need to dremel the contacts is a huge barrier for most people. So rather slow sales are to be expected.

If you own a F3 you "must" always Dremel out the plastic pins, it doesn't matter whether you have the multi or not. You will always end up with a mix of Japan, Euro and US carts.
Big time this!

Removing the plastic/and optionally pins, was always a requirement if you really wanted to play ALL the games.
You are removing region protection Taito put in place, nothing to do with Darksoft's multi whatsoever.

The rule still stands today... You want to play ALL the games? You remove the tabs! :thumbup:

I did a quick eBay price scanning:

Puzzle Bubble 4 (Europe) - 160€
Elevator Action Returns - 400€
Kaiser Knuckle (Europe) - 157€
Gekirindan (Japan) - 300€
Cleopatra's Fortune (Japan) - 525€
Recalhorn - 695€
Rayforce *BOOTLEG* - 230€

Seriously.. 337€ for the Multi is a no brainer, it costs less than most single carts around.

Last edited:
If you own a F3 you "must" always Dremel out the plastic pins, it doesn't matter whether you have the multi or not. You will always end up with a mix of Japan, Euro and US carts.
I did a quick eBay price scanning:
Puzzle Bubble 4 (Europe) - 160€
Elevator Action Returns - 400€
Kaiser Knuckle (Europe) - 157€
Gekirindan (Japan) - 300€
Cleopatra's Fortune (Japan) - 525€
Recalhorn - 695€
Rayforce *BOOTLEG* - 230€

Seriously.. 337€ for the Multi is a no brainer, it costs less than most single carts around.
Yeah, the Taito F3 excels by having a strong Puzzle and Shmup library. What I particularly love about the multi for the F3 is that it doesn't just let you play the red cart games... but it also allows you to play all the high-priced PCB-only games and the unreleased prototypes that were only previously playable in mame.

Fyi, Cleopatra's Fortune price comes from the fact that it is quite rare to come across at auction. Definitely one of the absolute gems of the Taito F3's incredibly strong puzzle line-up.

Recalhorn? To my knowledge, the game only exists in prototype form and was never released. There have been lots of conversions cropping up as of late.

Last edited:
Also space invaders 95 is pretty hard to find, I've always liked that game but never found easily a cart

Considering the sheer amount a VARIETY this system has and not to mention that a majority of the games are GREAT it's a shame it doesn't get as much love. I'm guessing it just didn't have the sheer number of pieces manufactured that other systems like Neo did.

Well guess what? When this multi is released I think it will get MUCH more love and attention. It is an under-rated platform.

Also, Recalhorn is mostly complete but definitely not 100%. It is fun but I think it got scrapped in favor of games that could bring in the dollar quicker. Someone sitting at the cabinet playing a platformer for 50 cents and spending 15 to 20 minutes per game isn't very favorable for profit.

I seemed to get lucky enough with a Puzzle Bobble 2 with the operation seemingly already done. There were no tabs at all.

Well, I think 68 out of 100 units is pretty good for "pre-sales". I bet most of the 32 units left will sell once it gets out in the wild and good word goes round...

I, for one, have never played any of the F3 games. I purchased mine solely on the fact that Darksoft thought enough of the system to release it BEFORE the Neo...

:D

Plus I also love Space Invaders, Elevator Action, and Shmups... and DS multi's.

Eagerly awaiting the shipping/arrival of these (would be a nice B-day present if it would arrive today :P )

Is there an image available for the SD card yet?

Back