What's new

Chipsteroni

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m fairly new to Taito Hardware and I plan to get a vewlix cabinet. I am just a little confused as to the hardware and what I need to be able to play. I am looking at some multi type PCBs but my question is with this cabinet, is 2 player local available? I’ve done some digging and I come across information stating that some games being 1 player only or something about nesica live required. If anyone can further explain this that would be great. Main goals are to be able to play Ultra SF4, SFV, and Sf3 3rd Strike. Thanks.

I'm 99% sure that with the TTX2 multi you can play USF4 and SF3S two player. Haven't turned mine on in a while, but pretty sure those were available.

As for SFV, no idea. Don't have a TTX3 multi setup yet.

TTx3 multi will give you 2 player in a lot of games. Basically if a game supports 2 players locally then it will work for 2 players for that game. Just a bunch of games are either single player, or they can only be played as 2 player across the nesica live network, which is effectively a proprietary networked cabinet setup. These games are built so if you want to VS play against another player it has to go through the nesica network, which taito owns and runs, and you don't get access as you aren't an arcade operator and you aren't paying taito... Some other systems which require network play for VS can be linked, like the Tekken series, but anything Taito/Nesica, if it doesn't support local 2 player then you are stuck single player for now.

Sf5 is a TTX4 game, it just happens to run on the TTX3 hardware as well. Single player local only. If you want 2 player, the pc version will give you that, you just run it on a pc in your cab using brooks board or something like that for controls.

Google artax multi for TTX3, has a fair few games on there TTX1/2/3, etc etc. It has all 3 SF games on there. I know 3 3rd is 2 player, not sure about ultra sf4 and i know sf5 arcade is not local 2 player. If you need 2 player local for sf5, then pc version. It's better pc version anyways, the arcade dump is still basically the first version of the game, so it's really old. The only sucky thing about hte pc version is requiring more buttons than you generally have available on your cab to navigate all the menus (enter, esc, etc), so you need a keyboard or more buttons in your cab to navigate the menus.
So TTX3 is the way to go?
How simple of a setup is it? I’m used to jamma or JVS, how much different is it?

So despite SF3 running on nesica, It can be played local multiplayer since it originally was that way. So games such as SF5 are online only as they were designed with cabinet to cabinet play in mind correct?

Last edited:
Okay say that I get the cabinet

Things I need to get going are:

TTX 3
Artax multi rom Mod
Fast IO? (Need some information on this vs regular IOs)

Do legitimate Vewlix cabinets already come with the IO as a part of the machine?

X3 can use JVS or Fast IO, I say go the route of JVS. Most vewlixs came with JVS IO.

The Artax multi you just download and copy to an SSD and install it on the X3.

Do some searches here on the forum, tons of info on here. Lots of good people on here as well to help you along if you run into issues.

X3 can use JVS or Fast IO, I say go the route of JVS. Most vewlixs came with JVS IO.

The Artax multi you just download and copy to an SSD and install it on the X3.

Do some searches here on the forum, tons of info on here. Lots of good people on here as well to help you along if you run into issues.
Do you know of anyone that sell complete kits of this? I would be willing to pay for the work to be done already, for a plug and play experience.
Or is that unlikely?

The multi you can download yourself. Just write it to an SSD drive and do a little configuring.
If you want buy a ready to go, you can, just dont pay a crazy price or get an ebay, etc...

Just factor in current going prices when you make a decision, X3, SSD, Shipping.
I have no idea what stock X3s are selling for now, a 1TB SSD is about $90.

If you buy it as a kit, I still think you should read through the manual and learn how the multi works and is setup.

That’s my biggest thing, I have not been able to find a listing for TTX3 as of now, just a lot of TTX1/2 kits.

Say I go the route of buying each part separately, any specific SSD that is compatible?
When you say crazy, are you referring to the ~400/1 TTX2 that go for like 500$+ on eBay? Or like what would be a good ball park number?

Just about any 1tb ssd should work. I like the Crucial MX500, they can be found on sale, seem reliable, and have a 5-year warranty.

Maybe make a WTB post on here that you want an X3 unit with the multi?

Just about any 1tb ssd should work. I like the Crucial MX500, they can be found on sale, seem reliable, and have a 5-year warranty.

Maybe make a WTB post on here that you want an X3 unit with the multi?
Great point, I’ll do that, thanks for the help man

Haha, ebay prices are almost cheaper than here! No hate, it's fact!
Nice for people who got them over the last 2 years I guess!
I thought some guys were selling X3 multi setups on there for like $1200 at one point.
I guess things are flipping around. YAJ got like that for a while too, cheaper to get some stuff on ebay.

Oh and thanks for all the awesome effort/time you have put into the X systems bro, lots of good info, its appreciated.

Okay so, as of now I have acquired the TTX3 and the Multi SSD.

Now my question is, does the IO depend on my cabinet? As well as, I’ve seen that the multi will only work on a 1080p monitor, so if it’s not a Vewlix DB, then I’ll have to swap out the monitor? Or is there any of the cabinets that will assist in just dropping in the IO & TTX 3

does the IO depend on my cabinet?
Yes, you have one IO card in the X-whatever and one IO card in the control panel of the Vewlix.
Both have to use the same IO format (ie JVS or Fast).
I’ve seen that the multi will only work on a 1080p monitor
All the Diamond family of LCDs will accept 1080p (the Diamond White's native resolution is 1366x768 however so it will auto downscale).
The Black and Orange should be native 1080p (but I don't personally own one to confirm).
I’ll have to swap out the monitor?
Prob not, as mentioned above...
But if you are asking me? Yes no matter what you have for a LCD swap it for a LG/Asus/BenQ.
These LCDs are nothing compared to a real PC gaming monitors.
Or is there any of the cabinets that will assist in just dropping in the IO & TTX 3
Buying these used you have no way to tell what the cab contains for IOs until you actually get it.
Sometimes you get lucky and its pre-loaded with a JAMMA-IO (this one piece sells for 1000$ used alone)...
Sometimes you get boned and its totally empty/gutted, requiring you to hunt down IOs/wire harnesses. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
TTx3 multi will give you 2 player in a lot of games. Basically if a game supports 2 players locally then it will work for 2 players for that game. Just a bunch of games are either single player, or they can only be played as 2 player across the nesica live network, which is effectively a proprietary networked cabinet setup. These games are built so if you want to VS play against another player it has to go through the nesica network, which taito owns and runs, and you don't get access as you aren't an arcade operator and you aren't paying taito... Some other systems which require network play for VS can be linked, like the Tekken series, but anything Taito/Nesica, if it doesn't support local 2 player then you are stuck single player for now.

Sf5 is a TTX4 game, it just happens to run on the TTX3 hardware as well. Single player local only. If you want 2 player, the pc version will give you that, you just run it on a pc in your cab using brooks board or something like that for controls.

Google artax multi for TTX3, has a fair few games on there TTX1/2/3, etc etc. It has all 3 SF games on there. I know 3 3rd is 2 player, not sure about ultra sf4 and i know sf5 arcade is not local 2 player. If you need 2 player local for sf5, then pc version. It's better pc version anyways, the arcade dump is still basically the first version of the game, so it's really old. The only sucky thing about hte pc version is requiring more buttons than you generally have available on your cab to navigate all the menus (enter, esc, etc), so you need a keyboard or more buttons in your cab to navigate the menus.

I am looking for any set up that gives me local 2 player for Ultra SF4. Is the multi the only way? Everything on ebay is 1 player. Thanks!

I am looking for any set up that gives me local 2 player for Ultra SF4. Is the multi the only way? Everything on ebay is 1 player. Thanks!
No, you can have it be standalone, but if you are using an X2,X3/X4 might as well install one of their respective multis that are available online. You can set it up so it always boots to that one game if that's what you want as well.

A little background, USF4 came as a 1P game for the nesica service, but luckily we found it to have a 2P dev exe that would allow for 2P local play, at least that's how I remember it.

No, you can have it be standalone, but if you are using an X2,X3/X4 might as well install one of their respective multis that are available online. You can set it up so it always boots to that one game if that's what you want as well.

A little background, USF4 came as a 1P game for the nesica service, but luckily we found it to have a 2P dev exe that would allow for 2P local play, at least that's how I remember it.

If I get a multi for X2 will USF4 be set up for 2p local or does it still have to be manipulated?

Back