What's new

buffi

Champion
Reaction score
Bought a very cheap untested Type X3, but turns out it was cheap for a reason ;)

At startup, it shows the bios image, then shuts off and restarts again endlessly.
Anyone have ideas of common failure modes for these, so what to check first?

I actually have a working Tx3 in storage, that I should be able to grab and swap parts between them until I find out what's busted... but then I need to go get it from an external storage location first, and maybe there's some common problems with these I'm not aware of.

It's a Nesica2 drive in it fwiw.

Crashes after this:
tx3.jpg

Last edited:
RAM and Storage would be my guess, too. That crash, to me, either says it's failing on the attached drive WDC WD10JPVX, or it's failing on the next step whatever that is. But gotta run through RAM at some point so that's a good start.

RAM and Storage would be my guess, too. That crash, to me, either says it's failing on the attached drive WDC WD10JPVX, or it's failing on the next step whatever that is. But gotta run through RAM at some point so that's a good start.
Could definitely be storage though, should see if I have some other drive somewhere to swap it with until I can get my other Tx3 here

Ok so. Brought the other one over. Opened them up and yeah… theres the problem

Someone managed to smash the security thing plugged into pcie enough to fuck the connector. Will order a replacement and try soldering a new one i guess.

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4880.jpeg

Trying to build a working strong and fast unit based on these two now, and will jam the shitty parts into the broken one for now

IMG_4878.jpeg

Well, moved the better cpu, gfx and ram to the working mobo and hey.

IMG_4885.jpeg

Now bleh. This will suck.
IMG_4886.jpeg

Back