What's new

obitus1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the CPS2 case absolutely necessary to use? It takes up a huge amount of real estate inside of a cabinet compared to a bare CPS1 board set. I have a CPS2 multi and CPS1 multi housed inside the same Dynamo HS-5, along with a JAMMA switcher, and the slide out drawer of the HS5 is completely filled with these PCBs. I'm wondering if I were to remove the CPS2 system housing if it would allow me to rearrange things a little bit to get my Apocalypse System 16 multi inside the same cab. I realize that the CPS2 has a fan there to keep the board stack cool, but, I'm sure I could figure out an alternative way to help with heat.

Thanks!

CPS2 is by far the coolest looking arcade system IMO, those shells are so sweet.
But to answer your question; no they will work perfectly fine without the shells, especially in a home environment.
Even the fan is probably pretty much optional for home use - running 24x7 locked up in a cabinet in a stuffy arcade I can see the need - but at home for a few hours a week is a totally different use case

Back