What's new
However if this was sold as working on eBay I would also recommend filing a claim and returning.

Did you buy the whole A+B+Multi? or just the B+Multi? As I said, I suspect the A board to be the problem.

Maybe someone can help me out here too.

I copied both reading test file folders (01... & 10...) in the games folder on the SD-card.

After both files flashing & verifying the LCD screen everytime says „All done & have fun“.

* Is this the OK message?
* Should something be displayed on the cabinet‘s monitor? The monitor stays in a solid purple.

* Which one from archiv.org is the correct Rom Pack for a key write prepared Champion Edition @Darksoft kit?

Last edited:
* Is this the OK message?
* Should something be displayed on the cabinet‘s monitor? The monitor stays in a solid purple.
Yes that's the OK message. IT should display the game normally on the monitor. If it stays purple, it means that program Roms are not running, so probably something related to the key writting cables.

Yes that's the OK message. IT should display the game normally on the monitor. If it stays purple, it means that program Roms are not running, so probably something related to the key writting cables.
Thx again @Darksoft but I mean what‘s displayed on the monitor after flashing these two test folders (01... & 10...).

When it‘s flashed the screen stays in purple & the LCD says „Have fun“.

Ahh those two are just for testing. You will notice that it will try writing something to the flashes and afterwards it will say VERIFY on the LCD.

Dont mind the output on the monitor, just what the LCD says.

Need some help plz, A friend asked to take a look at his multicps2. The board was working fine but now have sprite issue. I thought that it’s a connection issue between A/B board but actually it’s not. What I checked so far:
-Swapped A board with a good known one
-Plugged the B board without the shelf
-removed/reseated the multi kit on the b board
-removed/installed the kit on a good known B board
The sprite issue remained all the time.
I checked for broken pins/solder joints, don’t see anything suspicious.
Run the diag roms, and it was ok also.
The issue seems clearly to be on the kit.

Attachments

• 6F1EC661-EC22-4752-936B-33D6CBAAF55D.jpeg
    6F1EC661-EC22-4752-936B-33D6CBAAF55D.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 134
  • B21DC174-F794-4240-BCF1-FF7815326F53.jpeg
    B21DC174-F794-4240-BCF1-FF7815326F53.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
If you tried all that then it's probably a problem with the B board. Can you try with a different one?

It could also be an issue with the soldiers on the multiple. Try touching them gently to see if that fixes it.

I already tried with another b-board and sadly the issue remained. I’ll try touching the solder points on the multi see if It changes something. I also swapped the sd card with mine=> same issue

I already tried with another b-board and sadly the issue remained. I’ll try touching the solder points on the multi see if It changes something. I also swapped the sd card with mine=> same issue

Your issue is definitely related to board interconnection.

I would guess if you have tried another A and B, possibly it's the large IDC connectors the multi connects to on the B board?

Check for bent or broken pins, multi kit issues won't cause an issue like that typically.

Your issue is definitely related to board interconnection.

I would guess if you have tried another A and B, possibly it's the large IDC connectors the multi connects to on the B board?

Check for bent or broken pins, multi kit issues won't cause an issue like that typically.
You're talking about the 2 connectors at the edge of the B-board that plugs into the big pcb of the multi? if so yes I checked and there's no bent or broken pins. I also pretty confident that it was an interconnect (A/B or B/multi) issue, but after all the tests I've done, I'm in doubt...

Just checked, all pins on multi are ok.
Removed the pcb and checked CN5 and CN6, everything looks good

Attachments

• 7A7D366A-5C26-4AAC-AF63-80262BB26A70.jpeg
    7A7D366A-5C26-4AAC-AF63-80262BB26A70.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 698E5C14-9921-413B-AEB9-1F6E78CEA670.jpeg
    698E5C14-9921-413B-AEB9-1F6E78CEA670.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 791C9D3C-1DD7-4D35-A156-E4D70A99D26E.jpeg
    791C9D3C-1DD7-4D35-A156-E4D70A99D26E.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 27AEECB0-597B-4177-AFD3-3006D123F5B2.jpeg
    27AEECB0-597B-4177-AFD3-3006D123F5B2.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 110
Hi everyone!

I bought my cps2 multi back in 2019. It worked fine before trying to install the Key writing. I tried putting in the 4 test games after installing the new wires but I get a black screen and the LCD panel is just black bars.

I do have a B-7 board and using a Sandisk 16GB SD card that was recommended that worked before trying to get the key to work. The SD card should only have the games folder and then the games inside of it which I do have.

I believed everything is soldered correctly? From what I understand I should not need to update the firmware since I bought this after 2017 new? It has been a while since this stopped working for me and finally had time to go take a look at it again. Wondering if there was anything else I should try before I try to ship this off to someone to help fix this. Thank you!

Were you able to resolve your problem? My situation is nearly identical: I had gotten my board back in September 2018 from Paradise Arcade Shop and successfully installed the kit on a MSH vs SF board. It worked fine until now. Today, I tried to install Arthrimus's QSB for key writing. A game had previously been flashed, but now I get a solid color screen and the LCD is blank (or I see 2 solid bars if I crank up the contrast). I've tried seating and reseating. Any ideas what can cause a blank LCD?

EDIT: Absent any ideas, I removed and then re-added solder to the points on the QSB and that resolved my problem. I can only assume something was bridged somewhere that I couldn't see.

Last edited:
EDIT: Absent any ideas, I removed and then re-added solder to the points on the QSB and that resolved my problem. I can only assume something was bridged somewhere that I couldn't see.

With the new version of the CPS2 Multi you shouldn't have these type of problems. In any case we need to know what add-ons or mods you have done in always to trouble shoot it.

In any case, glad that you had it solved. Enjoy!

With the new version of the CPS2 Multi you shouldn't have these type of problems. In any case we need to know what add-ons or mods you have done in always to trouble shoot it.

In any case, glad that you had it solved. Enjoy!

Thanks. Yeah, my model is older -- whatever was being sold in mid-late 2018. The only add-on I was adding was Arthrimus's board for key writing.

Back