What's new
Aldo is great indeed !

I've tested with the former PAL F (with the wire linked to the Darksoft) and the result is the same, not worst or bette : only SSF2x or turbo play.

For the moment my ECU programmers doesn't allow me to burn the file that Aldo (thanks!) sent me (miniPRo and K150 programmer).

If the former PAL F works the same, I have a doubt on the PAL solution..

EXC capacitors could interfer with the graphics ?

Can you try the VERIFY romset and tell us the result? Also from the pictures that you posted, looks like there is no key writing cable installed. Is that really the case?

The key writting wiring is not done all was ok with the decrypted set only.

I have quickly tried the verify romset but the process never ended (it was "calculating" without ending) , i will try again.

Last edited:
Can you try the VERIFY romset and tell us the result? Also from the pictures that you posted, looks like there is no key writing cable installed. Is that really the case?

i've tried again the 2 VERIFY Rom but there's blocked at "Veryfying....." after running 15 minutes .

The "PROG" led starts full lighting during 30 seconds then blinks 2 times regulary

Send me a PM. You can send the main PCB of your multi to me and I'll see if I can fix it.

Hi yo, I need someone's professional opinion, I have two Gray MvC donors for darksoft multi, but they are revision 6. Is 6 good or should I get a revision 7?
Both board's have the BGSB3G how ever the jumpers are different? They are the same game from the same region, so I'm not sure why the jumpers are different. Anyhow I was hoping to do a easy install but now I'm worried.

Attachments

• 20211005_135048.jpg
    20211005_135048.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 16334682586514838142842015523884.jpg
    16334682586514838142842015523884.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20211005-142703_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-142703_Gallery.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20211005_152729.jpg
    20211005_152729.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I was playing around with some of my CPS2 boards this evening installing infinity keys and decided to finally install the CPS2 multi I bought July 2020

I've installed it into a Green "Marvel Super Heroes" revision 6 board with F chip (ping 7 lifted and soldered to the J1 header pin on the darksoft pcb).
Confirmed the board was working fine with sound prior to installation.

However after installation I can't get in game.
I believe it may be sound issue as many games hang at the memory test (QSOUND hang?). Other games like xmen vs street fighter simply black screen.

The CPS1 Hyper Fighting conversion gets in game and is playable but has no sound.

Example hang screens:
20211106_030533.jpg
20211106_030730.jpg
20211106_030833.jpg

It's a really straight forward installation and I've gone through it a few times this evening re-seating everything. Also tried a new SD card (64 GB card at 64K sectors fat32 and a 16 GB card at 32K sectors).

I'll have a think about what it could be overnight but if anyone has any guidance in the meantime I'd be happy to take your advice :)

Thank you!

Is it a version 2 multi kit? If so you don’t need to run the jumper for the PAL and you should reverse it

If that doesn’t work, reseat the A and B boards and reseat the multi kit on the B board

Hi xodarap - thank you for the guidance :)

It's the version 1 of the multi bought in July 2020. Only getting around to installing it now......

I had another quck look this morning before breakfast. Sure enough, cutting the case pillar, putting it in the case and clipping it together allows all games to boot now.

However the sound is glitchy like it's at a low bitrate. I can record a sample if you are interested?

Sound being glitchy is usually an issue with the PAL - are you sure the jumper is set up correctly? Could you take and post a photo?

Would it be an option to replace the F PAL with a G PAL?

All good now xodarap :)

I tried another cps2 board - mvc. This had a g pal so I desoldered the infinity key I had put in it yesterday and installed the darksoft multi instead. This booted up with perfect sound even with the A board decased.

Just for fun I put the infinity key into the marvel super heroes and this too is also working fine with gal F pin 7 cleaned and put into the socket. Although I had to put the board it into the case with the clips to get past the green screen.

I guess the marvel super heroes donor I was using initially is a little sensitive to A / B connections and wasn't suitable for the multi.

So all good and thank you again for the guidance!

And of course thank you to darksoft and the team for a wonderful product.

Now onto the stv multi...

I have an issue where I try to start a game but after I get the All done: Have fun! message, the screen stays white. Does anyone know what could be the issue? I'm using a X-Men vs Street Fighter CPS2 that was working previously. I don't have another A or B board to test with. The testing romset that Darksoft provided in the op worked fine and I shorted EXC5 multiple times using a flat-head screwdrive while there is power on. I'm using the Decryption pack listed in the CPS2_ChampionMulti_Guide_v1.3.pdf in a 16 GB card from HighScore that was formatted as FAT-32 using SD Card Formatter tool.

Here's a video showing what is happening:
View: https://youtu.be/Rx3GM3JOKFI

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_125856.jpg
    IMG_20211123_125856.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20211123_125953.jpg
    IMG_20211123_125953.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 87
It’s either an issue with key writing or main program ROMs

Looks like your key writing wires aren’t connected? Is that connector populated?

If the key writing wires aren’t connected you will need to run the decrypted set or connect them

Back