What's new

tb2000

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently pulled a Touring Car twin out of storage to get it up and running and sold to make some space. I have other cabs to sort and sell but I thought this would be an easy one to start with - little did I know! When it was put in there, I knew it was faulty so i'd had both boardsets repaired in the meantime. I bought the cabs faulty anyhow so I don't remember if the DSB1 music boards worked or not as I never really thought about trying to test them - one sides cbset displayed a red screen and the other side had corrupted 3d graphics. When they try and work all they put out is a load of random scrambled sounds, but the odd thing is both sides do pretty much the same thing! I've tried changing the opamps as i've heard similar sounds on other pcbs caused by bad opamps but changing them out for new ones made no difference. The boards both cycles through the green LEDs as you go through the music tracks so they must be mostly working. I've repaired a few pcbs with simple faults but I wouldn't know where to start though on repairing them if it came to memory/TTL chips or whatever and don't know of anyone that repairs them. As such, I found out about the DSB clones on here which I thought would be a perfect solution but I don't know if Rom1 is still making them. Does anyone have a spare they could sell me? Or a spare DSB board even? Or does anyone know what, if any, common faults they suffer from?

Thanks all,
Tony

Back