What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some strong kneejerk reaction lol. This is why I said it would be best if we all just assumed v4 was final, save a lot of heartache.

Best we can do here is setup an x3 multi similar to how niko has the x2 multi setup where it doesn’t contain all the roms, just all the setup to make it work.

Some strong kneejerk reaction lol. This is why I said it would be best if we all just assumed v4 was final, save a lot of heartache.

Best we can do here is setup an x3 multi similar to how niko has the x2 multi setup where it doesn’t contain all the roms, just all the setup to make it work.
Yea, I appreciate what I've seen you working on within the forum. Would love to see what becomes of it and how customizable it will be for others to tailor it to their own interests.

Also, one of the update notes for v6 was switch from demul to flycast. Does anyone know what benefits are there?

Since we'll be stuck with the V4 forever :P I'll continue tweaking my V4 to my taste !

I have a few questions:

1) if i delete a complete category from attract mode, will it keep all the other files on the drive so i can reactivate the category in the future (like enabling Lindbergh games...)
2) is the a way to "sort" the categories ? for example showing the TTX category before all the other ones ?
3) Is there a USB port priority for P1 and P2? For some reason, my player 2 brook UFB inside my Vewlix is alway detected as Player 1. Is there a way to permanently assign one brook UFB to P1 and the other to P2 ?

thx guy and a huge thanks for all the anti-nag files !!!

1) if i delete a complete category from attract mode, will it keep all the other files on the drive so i can reactivate the category in the future (like enabling Lindbergh games...)

If you delete the category in reverse of how you enabled lindbergh, yes.

2) is the a way to "sort" the categories ? for example showing the TTX category before all the other ones ?

Go into the attract.cfg you see the list of filters at the top. That’t the order they show up, just rearrange them there.

Does anyone know how to edit the rolling text that is displayed in this area:
edit text.PNG

Brief update: Realized that I had saved text from the V4 thread in case the thread ever went away. Emuline was down for a bit a few weeks ago and I grabbed this then. Hope this is useful for someone. If nothing else, it's the introduction to the V4 thread if anyone has rando questions.

"NOTE

IF YOUR TTX3 HAS A NON 660GTX VIDEO CARD, MAYBE YOU UPGRADED TO A 680GTX OR A 780GTX, OR EVEN IF IT HAS A 660GTX AND IT IS NOT THE STANDARD ONE

YOU MUST SET GPU SCALING IN THE NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL AND YOU MUST ADD THE 3 CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS IN THE README. YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT THESE SETTINGS ARE CORRECT FOR YOU. IT IS IMPORTANT

WHEN YOU USE ANY VIDEO CARD THAT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL 660GTX, WINDOWS WILL RESET THESE SETTINGS EVERY TIME IN THE NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL. YOU NEED TO SET THESE OPTIONS TO WHAT WE WROTE IN THE README FILE SO GAMES WILL WORK CORRECTLY FOR YOU. YOU ONLY NEED TO DO IT ONE TIME AND IT STAYS CORRECT. IF YOU CHANGE VIDEO CARD AGAIN IT WILL RESET AND YOU NEED TO DO IT AGAIN.

~~WHAT IS THIS~~
This is a multigame arcade image. It is designed to run on a Taito Type X3 hardware unit with either FASTIO or JVS IO board. It's built to work out of the box with the standard TTX3 unit that has the I5 cpu and 660gtx GPU. It will work on other computer systems, and most games are playable with a keyboard, but a lot of the games are configured to exit via key combos that come from the IO boards. Most games you will play fine with a keyboard only, but you will need to ctrl+alt+del process kill or alt+f4 a few of the games if you aren't using FASTIO or JVS. The image is built on Windows 10 LTSC. You need to write this image to a 1TB SSD and then you boot from the SSD. You don't install this on Windows, it's already done for you, just write the image and then boot from it.

~~WHAT WILL YOU NEED~~
- A computer or TTX3 unit with a JVS/FASTIO IO board. If you're using a computer you will want the internal io card from the TTX3
- XBOX 1 Gamepad, keyboard and mouse for games that require it.
- Arcade cabinet?
- 1TB SSD Drive
- 1080p Screen(a lot of games will work on 720p screens, some won't, just try it and see what happens)
- NO CARD READER REQUIRED

2 of the persons previously working on this will take a break from now as they no longer have time to dedicate to this project, so it's only 1 person for now. the project is not abandon, progress for adding games will be slower than before as we were 3, and are now 1 but i'll do my best. the last month has been very intensive working hours to get all this updated and games added. thanks to everyone who has helped and offer testing assistance.

if you want to donate as a thanks for this project the XMR/monero address (starts 84 ends in NZ) is in the readme. we have hosting until the end of august, at which point we will need to start paying for hosting again, it's not a large amount (less than 10 euro/mo) but we are ok until end of august. if you have a seedbox you can offer to host this, we can get around that cost, send me a message if you do and we can chat. sftp access will be required and around 500-600gb space. or if you can make a mirror then please make a mirror and host. donate is not necessary, we will continue to work on this without donations.

artax mega multi v4 is up to 580ish games now. a lot of stuff is fixed from the previous version, post here if you find any issues but read the readme first to see if your issue is answered in there. if you want lindbergh games, read the readme, you will see how to enable them in there.

teknoparrot gun games don't work unless you setup your controls. the is not something we can avoid because it uses unique device id from your system for each mouse so we can't pre-setup this for you. maybe you can make guns work instead with teknoparrot if you have them. you can also make a steering wheel work with teknoparrot driving games if you have one, just change configure the controls in TP. joystick also work for teknoparrot games, star wars after burner etc.

we added a little bonus of cuphead game. you will need to use all controls and exit game combo (ESC) to bring up the menu. it works ok and the game is awesome. also demul mouse fix reported for no mouse connected, easy hide mouse cursor and easy enable mouse cursor and some more!

enjoy!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back