What's new

RoadBusterX

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, a friend of mine gave me a Type X2 to troubleshoot and I had a few questions.

I'm brand new to this hardware and wanted to make sure I at least had it hooked up right. I have a Blast City with JVS hookups. What I did was use a Capcom I/O to hook to the 'Jamma' USB on the Type X2 and the VGA adapter hooked to the Blast's VGA cord. When the Type X2 boots, it has a green LED there that comes on, so... I'm guessing that part is OK.

As for the system itself, I see the post message, and then I see a Type X2 splash page with a loading bar. Once the loading bar is finished, the screen flickers a couple of times, but then nothing else ever shows up. The drive in it right now was a supposed multigame drive although I do not think it was Niko's design. I've tried a couple of things but haven't gotten past this part yet. I honestly think my next step is to just reformat that hard drive with Niko's multigame and go from there.

My big question is I never get an error on the screen or anything, so why am I just getting a blank screen after boot? I would think if the hard drive wasn't loading a menu or game right it would at least display an error. I have the dips set for 480p and the update server turned off.

sounds like it hasnt loaded anything eg a menu or a game. Try nikos multi and report back.

Update!

So I reimaged the drive with Nico's image, as well as found that the SATA cable was slightly loose on the mobo side in the X2. After all that, it works like a champ!

LULIL9R.jpg

Thank ya. Now the problem is... I don't want to give it back, lol.

Looks like I need to start looking for an X2.

what would i need to hookup the X2 to a non jvs cabinet? I have a capcom IO and that's about it.

Unless I'm mistaken, the video HAS to come from the DVI/VGA port on the graphics card of the X2. The audio will not come from the JAMMA edge either, it has to come from the speaker plug also on the X2.

Your Capcom I/O will plug right into the USB port on the X2, thankfully.

Power comes from just a normal AC Plug.

The thing is literally just a PC.

You can easily use it with a Capcom I/O, connect the video via a DVI/VGA adapter to the I/O, controls via the USB, audio from 3.5mm jack to RCA.
Just the power will need to come directly from your mains.

Your cab needs to do 31kHz over Jamma though ;)

No, 31kHz or 720p output only...
Capcom IO does not downscale resolution

I dont think there is any i/o that up/downscales.

If you want to downscale you gotta use something like an Ultracade UVC or Extron, etc...

Back