What's new

Kidkaos

Grand Master
Reaction score
Does anyone run Typing of the dead or Lupin the Typing set ups in a Sega cab? If so, how do you have your Keyboards mounted? You make custom mounts? Just lay them flat on an unpopulated panel?? 🤔
I'm looking for ideas or suggestions.
The net city set up appear to have some thin brackets on the lower part of the keyboard edge at the bottom. Not sure how they mount exactly

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 61
Bumping this up.
Can someone mock up a keyboard holder? 3D printed maybe through a 2P panel??

If you're just setting it up for friends I'd use a blank panel and some Velcro to keep the boards in place.

The problem is the real cabinet uses a bigger control panel, so just putting on a blank isn't really the same. Doing a single player setup with a standard panel would be fine though.

I picked up two of the smaller Japanese Dreamcast keyboards to see what could be done with a standard panel but I never really got around to it. I also looked into kiosk and industrial keyboards to see if anything made sense but I didn't go too far down that road.

I'll post here if I do come up with anything.

If you're just setting it up for friends I'd use a blank panel and some Velcro to keep the boards in place.

The problem is the real cabinet uses a bigger control panel, so just putting on a blank isn't really the same. Doing a single player setup with a standard panel would be fine though.

I picked up two of the smaller Japanese Dreamcast keyboards to see what could be done with a standard panel but I never really got around to it. I also looked into kiosk and industrial keyboards to see if anything made sense but I didn't go too far down that road.

I'll post here if I do come up with anything.
Velcro was going to be my go-to as well with the small DC keyboards (great minds think alike) I grew fond of these shorties and it should work fine with a blank panel. 😀
I would love a solution like the gun holsters mount for shooting games but instead for keyboards to mount to the button holes for more added security. I'm gonna order some 3m double sided velcro and report back once I get to it as well. 😉
I have reached out to a buddy about making a 3D printed mount to use with the joystick mount hole and 2p button on a 2L 12 B panel I have laying around. I think that with a Dreamcast Naomi panel overlay would look rad on a Blast City.

(Keyboards are tiny. Standard windex bottle for size reference) 🤭

Attachments

• 20231222_140739.jpg
    20231222_140739.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 35
Back