What's new

keiichi331

Professional
Reaction score
Greetings!

I bought a TTX4 with SFV a couple of years ago and I was unaware (like a dumbass) thst it only works with nesica2live servers to even play.

Is there anything I can do to play SFV locally? Is my only option to put a ttx3 multi in here?

Would really like to just play SFV on the dedicated ttx4 but currently it’s just a giant paper weight, and i see it in my room being useless and it makes me sad panda

Help is greatly appreciated!

Agreed, that hard drive isn’t going to be much use to you unless you unlock and wipe it. What were you planning to do for controls? Any particular reason you don’t want to install a multi? You could configure it to only boot SFV

More bad news: there’s no 2p on it even when you get it running. Only TTX2 and Sega games have 2p options on the multi. You’re better off grabbing a chewlix and putting Brooks boards and a PC in it.

Its a pretty cool PC case that will fit in cabs but you can't do much or anything with SFV at this point. You may be able to load images with games on them that can maybe use the USBIO but I doubt it at this point

More bad news: there’s no 2p on it even when you get it running. Only TTX2 and Sega games have 2p options on the multi. You’re better off grabbing a chewlix and putting Brooks boards and a PC in it.
Im totally okay with a offline version that only allows 1p, at least I could play and use my TTX4 for the reason I bought it =)

Its current DLC is also Sagat/G, with no VS2, it’s missing 8-10ish characters. Might have stopped on Kage. I forget. But definitely no Seth/Gill/season 5.

At this point I’d suggest installing SFV Steam version and have fun with some brook boards and call it a day. At the end of the day you still have a TTX4 chassis.

I did that in a rebuilt TTX3 since it’s really just a PC.

F4FDCF1C-1C5D-4DE2-8DF8-9C2CC1CE923F.jpeg

I'm in the same boat. So weird to be bummed out by NEWER hardware, haha. I'll probably trade some stuff to get a TTX3 and FastIO setup one day.

I would just turn it into a multi at this point.

If you want to play SFV, just use a standard PC and some I/O interface. You can do a lot more with that route anyways.

There are people who can play it, so somehow it's possible... you just have to figure out how.

Another option is, as already said, the multi.

Thanks for the reply.

Sf5 is playable in teknoparrot surely it doesn't ping nesica2live servers. Your answer may be in that rabbithole

Back