What's new
Is it possible to use it BEHIND an UFB brook ?

I own a TE2 stick with an UFB brook inside... and i plan to use it with a supergun (via DB15)

[Edit] I read it was possible... So is it possible to preorder / order / purchase / ... ? :)

Last edited:
I got into the dumbest argument during the Combo Breaker Third Strike stream with someone who was insisting that UD converters add lag, until it was apparent he'd read one of your blog posts about testing various sticks/PCBs and was actually talking about the native lag out of said devices. He really thought your converters added a variable amount of lag depending on what you used with it ...

That's when I closed the chat to watch Frankie lose to Justin. ;(

I got into the dumbest argument during the Combo Breaker Third Strike stream with someone who was insisting that UD converters add lag, until it was apparent he'd read one of your blog posts about testing various sticks/PCBs and was actually talking about the native lag out of said devices. He really thought your converters added a variable amount of lag depending on what you used with it ...
I saw that. The guy was absolutely clueless lol.

I'm not that big into 3S. Is everyone mad Justin dominates that game like how the mvc2 scene was mad for a decade back when he ran that game?

I'm not that big into 3S. Is everyone mad Justin dominates that game like how the mvc2 scene was mad for a decade back when he ran that game?
Nah, he hardly even competes honestly. He'll show up to some retro tournaments and dominate still though.

But he's not a factor as far as the 'living' Third Strike scene goes otherwise. Which kind of makes his wins more disgusting really.

Is it possible to use it BEHIND an UFB brook ?

I own a TE2 stick with an UFB brook inside... and i plan to use it with a supergun (via DB15)

[Edit] I read it was possible... So is it possible to preorder / order / purchase / ... ? :)
This is exactly how I'm setup, I have a Qanba Q4RAF with a UFB plugged into a UD-USB. I had to update to the beta firmware to make it work, but that may now be the current stable firmware

Status on availability:

For Terminal Block style, Paradise Arcade handles the manufacturing of those, so they should be getting another batch built soon.

For DB15, I made 250 a couple months ago with the hope of sending about 200 to Paradise Arcade and keeping 50 for international direct orders. Well, I ended up selling about 180 for direct orders and the remaining 70 went to Paradise Arcade. They needed 30 for some setups for Combo Breaker and the remaining 40 sold on their website. I've begun ordering parts for a 500pc batch and hope to have that available late July.

While parts are coming in I'd like to focus on firmware updates for some sticks that are not compatible (some Qanbas, some Horis, Victrix, etc.).
-ud

I have arcade cabinets but i have friends who like to use their own stick/pads/hitboxes to play the jamma games. I thought this device allowed you to plug in most usb controllers.
Yep, I know lots of people who have done this. Some people want the option to use both the built in arcade panel controls or some other controller they are more comfortable with. We've done that at various EVO side tournaments and there's even cabs at the Mikado game center in Japan that did this on some of their machines (I think for Guilty gear or some game that also had a home release, so people could bring their pads).

I've never seen photos of how they wired their stuff up, but electrically, the Decoders just go in parallel with the existing controls. You do not need to isolate them in any way. The signals all play well together. I would put in a vote for either some sort of JAMMA pass through PCB that you can wire into or if your cabinet already has the control panel wires running into plugs that detach, you could make your own pluggable extensions with wires coming off to go to the Decoders.
-ud

Last edited:
Status on availability:

For Terminal Block style, Paradise Arcade handles the manufacturing of those, so they should be getting another batch built soon.

For DB15, I made 250 a couple months ago with the hope of sending about 200 to Paradise Arcade and keeping 50 for international direct orders. Well, I ended up selling about 180 for direct orders and the remaining 70 went to Paradise Arcade. They needed 30 for some setups for Combo Breaker and the remaining 40 sold on their website. I've begun ordering parts for a 500pc batch and hope to have that available late July.

While parts are coming in I'd like to focus on firmware updates for some sticks that are not compatible (some Qanbas, some Horis, Victrix, etc.).
-ud
Great to hear, excited to grab one from either yourself or Paradise in the next batch. How do I order directly from you the next round?

I've never seen photos of how they wired their stuff up, but electrically, the Decoders just go in parallel with the existing controls. You do not need to isolate them in any way. The signals all play well together. I would put in a vote for either some sort of JAMMA pass through PCB that you can wire into or if your cabinet already has the control panel wires running into plugs that detach, you could make your own pluggable extensions with wires coming off to go to the Decoders.
Atari did this for his cabs, I bet we could ask him for photos if you wanted to see his setup.

i think thats a ridiculous concept, you should be so lucky to get to play on candy cabs with sanwa levers and buttons

i think thats a ridiculous concept, you should be so lucky to get to play on candy cabs with sanwa levers and buttons
But what if you prefer Seimitsus?

What if you’re used to using octo-gates rather than square?

Serious gamers have their preferred control setups, and giving the option to use their own controls isn’t a bad thing.

It’s not so ridiculous if you consider Sega was officially doing this already, allowing Dreamcast controllers to be plugged into their panels ( @Mitsurugi-w maple adapters here).

Last edited:
(shrug) I feel you, if you want to play on my cabs use the sticks attached to them, but if you set up your own cabs your own way that's cool. It's a new era, people use all kinds of controls these days. As much as I personally enjoy keeping the arcade spirit alive at my place I'm just glad people still want to play the games.

-ud
Crossing my fingers that the Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board compatibility will be part of the next firmware update. Thanks for your work.

Quick dumb question. I’ve given up on finding a UDCPS2 and have decided to go the normal supergun route. I noticed most of them have the DB15 connectors. If I was to buy the super gun and 2 of the UDDB15 connectors, is that all I need that way others can use their own sticks? And is input lag affected in any way?

Quick dumb question. I’ve given up on finding a UDCPS2 and have decided to go the normal supergun route. I noticed most of them have the DB15 connectors. If I was to buy the super gun and 2 of the UDDB15 connectors, is that all I need that way others can use their own sticks? And is input lag affected in any way?
A Supergun is a better option I think, it will give you the option of playing everything.

UD-CPS2 is great for tournaments where you only need the one platform and you want it to be enclosed.

In answer to your question, yes, 2 of these are all you need and no they don't affect input lag

There is no absolute standard for which pins do what on DB15 superguns (most attempt to follow NEO GEO pinout, but even that is not guaranteed), so mind the chart in the first post of the thread.

Lag is dictated mostly by the controller you use. The Decoder takes about 1ms to process messages and controllers take anywhere from <1ms to 10s of ms (though in my experience most are well below 10).
-ud

The Decoder takes about 1ms to process messages
Nice try "undamned", if that's even your real name. I was told in a Twitch chat that your converters add lag, and who are you going to believe? The creator of the product? Or someone you've never heard of in an anonymous chat? Yeah, exactly.

-ud
Exactly what I've been waiting for, a lot guys in my local scene have some incompatible sticks and I look forward to when it is up and working. 8o

Back