What's new
Want To Buy
Still looking for an Ultracade UVC or similar solution to downscale VGA 640x480 to 15khz.

Thanks everyone for being helpful on this thread. If anyone comes across this discussion, the bottom line is that the modded GBS-8200 board is only capable of downscaling 480i to 15Khz. In the Xbox360 situation, this requires the component outputs. How absurd it may seem, stringing a stock GBS-8100 to scale 480p to 480i into the modded GBS-8200 (via the CGA output/input) works.

I got hold of a UVC board and I simply find it more convenient as all of a sudden I can plug in nearly any source and as an added bonus I can do 24Khz.

I still don't understand the need for a stock gbs-8100.

I have the Xbox360 (set to the lowest resolution it can do with component), connected with a component cable to the gbs control modded bgs-8200 (set to downscale 15khz). signal goes out through a vga cable to (in my case) a jammaizer by @Arthrimus...

works perfectly, doesn't need a gbs-8100.

The webinterface of the gbs control is terrible though...

The downscaling looks great! This looks like the perfect solution for playing my high res xbox 360 games on my new arcade! @evilsim can you put me down for your adapter.

@DRI374 at least on amazon in germany you can still get component cables for the 360 easy and fairly cheap - that yould clean up your signal chain significantly.

I haven't used the RetroTink 5x for downscaling personally...
But I know it can do it, others say its fantastic and based on my experiences with upscaling on the device I say BUY IT ASAP!

I'm also in the market for one of these. Let me know if anyone know of one.

There’s one for sale in the Arcade PCB Collector’s group on Facebook.

7A9103FC-C9AD-4A5D-94A3-B7D16651B4A6.jpeg

There’s one for sale in the Arcade PCB Collector’s group on Facebook.

7A9103FC-C9AD-4A5D-94A3-B7D16651B4A6.jpeg
I’d say that’s expensive, but mine costed $170 three years ago after months of looking..

5 years ago they were $75-$100.

I’d be interested to see what the setup of a GBS-C would look like in a cab.

I use mine on a NOS Wells 25” 24khz to be able to play Naomi in an Aero City. As far I know, they don’t make Tri-Sync 25” arcade monitors.

It has become rare and demanded, thus speculation does its job.

I'm wondering why they have not been copied yet. Don't know much about how they work, but there sure does not seem to be a lot of components on these.

Back