What's new
man that is $$$ I have 5 cabs that use 26" CRTS (all american Daytona's) I may commit to one for now as can't afford to replace all of them. Also keen on a 19" actually for my punch mania seeing that they mount a curved crt behind a flat glass panel, the acrooda one is 20.1" .

Looking at the new facebook video it looks like the 19" is actually a 5:4 screen, they have MvC2 running with borders either side (specs for monitor state 1280*1024 which is 5:4).

Hopefully they are able to reach their goal. There is a market for this I'm sure of it. I'm honestly tired of having 2 of my cabs always down due to monitor issues and I'm not good at fixing them either so every time one fails i know is going to cost me money to fix it.

you know what would be great!. If someone comes up with a scanline generator for these!. but not a crappy one.. I mean something like what they are doing in mister

The retrotink products have great scanline emulation, but I don't know if he makes a model that takes an RGB input. It looks like the 5x Pro takes RGB input, might be worth a look.

It's a shame the onboard processing of the display doesn't have a feature like that already which you could tweak via the OSD especially since you can feed it direct arcade level RGB. It means if you want to add scanlines to the RGB signal you are going to need to add additional components which is going to render the onboard processing pretty much redundant.

As far as I can tell (and I standby to be corrected) there is no scanline generators for arcade RGB (all I could find where VGA/HDMI) so you'll need a scaler like the GBS 8200 to convert the RGB to VGA and then feed the VGA into the LCD via a scanline generator. At this point it may as well be a generic LCD as all the conversion aspect has been handled beforehand.

Edit: just to add, I didn't realise once you do the GBS Control mod to the 8200 it actually has a scanline option, how good that compares with the external units I don't know.

Last edited:
Update from Unico:

=========================================================================================================================
Status Update on The Phoenix Series 26" Arcade CRT Replacement LCD Monitor Pre-orders. Currently we have not met the pre-order goal needed to produce the ULM26 LCD Monitor.

At this point you can keep your pre-order to see if we meet our goal to produce the ULM26 LCD Monitor or request a refund at support@unico-usa.com or wait to see if we meet the goal by middle of April 2022.

We apologies as we know the monitor is a much needed and desired replacement for old CRT monitors. We have to meet our goal I'm order to help fund the tooling needed which is over $100 thousand dollars to produce the LCD in mass quantities

So if you want to make the ULM26 Arcade CRT Replacement LCD Monitor a reality tell your friends and help us make the goal to produce this monitor.
=========================================================================================================================

I'm going to leave my pre-order there with the hope that they meet the goal. If you guys think this is worth it order one as well.

They can do better than that. The inital scope of relying on fans to take on such a large MOQ is funny AF! If they had competent planners they would have figured out the best approach to fulfill that quickly. I rememeber hearing these monitors were medical grade, could have tapped into that market selling to OEM's for their projects and products.

I ordered one of these earlier this month. Really hoping they get produced and that they’re not potatoes.

They should have just done 29s.
I thought that's what these were.

Japanese 29" = American 27", and going from CRT to LCD often changes how that last inch is measured. Just nature of tubes.

I was operating under the assumption these would be drop in replacements for most candies, minus the bezel fitment issues with flat screens.

But this speaks to the problem: there just isn't much info. I get that they need minimum orders to produce them, but without some demo stuff I'm not interested in investing.

I thought that's what these were.

Japanese 29" = American 27", and going from CRT to LCD often changes how that last inch is measured. Just nature of tubes.

I was operating under the assumption these would be drop in replacements for most candies, minus the bezel fitment issues with flat screens.

But this speaks to the problem: there just isn't much info. I get that they need minimum orders to produce them, but without some demo stuff I'm not interested in investing.
No sorry they are not. They come up a few inches short from the bezel.

Ah, so are they meant to replace 25" CRTs then? I know the LCD measurements never seem quite the same because of how tubes are measured.
I actually thought these were to replace a 26" like in the US version of Daytona USA and perhaps some American 'woody' cabs? I think seeing one of these fitted to a Daytona and a demo of any OSD functions would of proved quite convincing to get people on board. How many operators out there running cabs like a Daytona? surely those kind of use cases would be a target market first rather than hobbyists.

The one in Daytona is 63cm / 25" US / 26" EUR. It's super common in US cabs. It's a common TV size too.

It can also be found in Aero City and some other, much more rare Japanese candies (Domy, Kyotaro, Consolette, etc).

“Hello,

The dimensions are 569 x 418 x 45mm Included Mounting (Screen: 523 x 393mm).

Best Regards,

MVSX Support Team”

Reactions: nem
Back